Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Welcome Sam

My sister Emily had her baby Sammy yesterday morning, and can I say to her, she is a trooper! I think 22 is Sam's lucky number, he was born on 7/22 at 6:22 Am and was 22 inches long, and, 9 LB 11 OZ. I can't even fathom 2 pounds bigger than Kaleb! Emily had him naturally with a midwife in the birthing center, and no tearing either! Sam came out with a 3 foot umbilical cord, not the usual 1 foot, so he had plenty to jump rope, and play with, which is probably why he had it wrapped around his head a few times and under his arm. Him not breathing is probably why labor was so long and progress so slow, thankfully the midwife was super amazing and was able to get him breathing again before cutting the cord so he didn't also have the blood loss. I'm so glad Emily and Sam are doing okay and they didn't have to be transfered to the hospital. Can I just say again, Emily you are amazing to get that baby out! As far as I was told everyone is doing well, they were home about 5 hours after birth and I'm sure super tired and hopefully still sleeping this morning. I'm excited to meet you Sam, get the triplet cousins together. Sabine, you are all alone in Heaven now, it's time to come play! (my sister Shawna was due a few days ago with her little girl, we're all still just waiting)

0 Comments: