Friday, July 11, 2008

Update

How many times can I add something in one week?
Kaleb is growing so big it's hard to keep up with his progress, but I want to keep everyone informed. He had his first doctor appointment yesterday and the doctor was really impressed with how well he is doing. He is slightly above average in growth rate for his age. He has gained back his birth weight plus 2 OZ. for a total weight of 7 LBS 13 OZ and he has grown a 1/4 of an inch to an even 20 inches long. I guess normally babies haven't gained on top of their birth weight until they're 2 weeks old. We must be doing something right! Yesterday he seemed to be more awake and aware during the day and he slept in 3-4 hour stretches last night (lets hope for that again tonight!) He is currently wide awake sitting in my lap as he helps me write this (making waffles and holding him didn't work as well) He is really interactive lately and at times will mimic your facial expressions, especially sticking the tongue out! He's already growing faster than we thought possible!

3 Comments:

Beth said...

Kaleb is so cute! I can't wait to meet him. We are bringing you dinner tomorrow night so I will call you! PS - found your blog via Tanya's. PSS - You guys need some of those pee pee tee pees. Have you seen them - Just read about the showers you've been having.

Tanya said...

Hey guys, I just joined the blog world, against my own will, but I had no idea you had one until I was talking to someone else, Although I can't remember who right now. But Kaleb really is so so so so cute, we love him as part of the family, only fitting since we love his mom and dad too. I hope all is going well and we are so on for monday night,Kristen. Talk to you both soon.

Beth said...

Okay - correction, I'm bringing you dinner on Monday night not Saturday. Oops. See you then.