Like Father Like Son
There isn't ever much going on in our lives at the present time, every moment is spent trying to figure out what Kaleb needs and trying to sleep. I tell you, this sleep deprivation thing can't be explained, it is a whole new level of tired. You never really understand it until you are going through it. I really took for granted when I could sleep for 10 straight hours or more if I felt like it. That has probably been the hardest adjustment for me is the waking up every two hours and being awake for an hour or more. Kaleb hasn't been sleeping as well lately, sometimes only in 1-2 hour blocks, so that has been really hard on us all, I think him included because he seems grumpier during the day. The hardest part is getting him to fall asleep, we still haven't figured out what works best for him so once he wakes up to eat, diaper change, etc. we have to rock him for at least an hour or more (sometimes that doesn't even work) before he'll finally succumb to sleep and let us lay him back down. We all made it to church today, another schedule we need to figure out. Just as we wanted to leave at 10:45 Kaleb decided he was hungry, we thought he could wait at least a half hour but he wasn't having any of that, when he wants something, he wants it now. I spent all of sacrament meeting feeding and trying to calm Kaleb down into sleeping, so I felt like I wasn't even there. Also he managed to completely miss an entire blanket thrown over my shoulder and spew a bucket drench all down my dress and neck after being at church for only a few minutes - pleasant timing - thank you, now I have three hours of sticky skin, and crunchy hair and clothes (I love being a mother!) Life goes on, we learn one day at a time. Kaleb seems to be more alert and aware when he's awake, and he has quite the facial expressions (especially when he's falling asleep) I think I'll just post a lot of pictures so you can see why, despite everything, we keep him around, he's just so cute and squishable!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Punk Rocker
Posted by Stevens Family at 7:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Comments:
Welcome to motherhood, right? He is adorable! I can see why you keep him around definitely. Can't wait to meet him.
Post a Comment