Another of the hard adjustments for me is getting used to the fact that we have a new scheduler in the family, and he is very demanding. Jake had this past Thursday and Friday off and I had grand plans of things I wanted to do but when it came time to go Kaleb would be asleep or would be hungry and things just weren't working out so I was getting annoyed that I was stuck in the house, or that Jake and I couldn't just get away on our own. Yesterday we were going to leave a bit early and head out to spend the day in Santa Barbara, Kaleb decided to sleep in until 10:30 Okay, I really can't complain too much about that, but, I wanted to go to the beach! Going very far away was out but Jake still got me to the beach (even if I couldn't go swimming, have to wait for my 6 week Dr. appointment to tell me I'm healed and back to normal (ha ha)) We made it to Zuma beach about an hour away, it was crowded, we're too cheap to pay $7.00 to park so it took 3 or 4 drive by passes before we FINALLY found street parking, at that point Jake was grumpy and Kaleb was screaming himself purple and foaming at the mouth (which I'm sure added to Jake's irritation) we have discovered he hates being in his carseat if he's not moving or if he's awake (usually meaning he's hungry or needs a diaper change) Everyone survived and I got to get my feet wet in the ocean! Except I forgot Kaleb's hat (I still have a lot of mommy stuff to learn) so we just hung out under the umbrella the whole time (best Costco purchase!) Kaleb was pretty much asleep through it all but I'm sure he still had fun (I got a picture of him smiling, he couldn't hide it!) I think he could taste the salt in the air because he kept turning his head around and smacking his lips together and licking them, it was pretty funny to see. He is sleeping a bit better now (knock on wood) the past few nights have been 3-4 hour blocks, some only 2 hours, but, better! He is eating better, doesn't spew as much out, and he is getting so big, almost outgrown the bassinet in length. His cheeks are starting to get rounder along with his belly. He is so much more aware of what's going on around him, he'll follow people around the room with his eyes, and turn his head when someone walks in. He still looks like a bobble head but he is getting so good at holding up his head and moving it. He's so funny to sit and watch! We just fall more and more in love each day (if that's possible!)
I can't believe Kaleb is already almost a month old! He did a lot better at church today, he ate at 10 and then Jake was able to just give him a bottle during Sunday School, I love not having to take Kaleb with me to Primary, despite the fact that it's hard to play one handed if you have a fussy kid, there are a lot of germy kids in the Primary room, especially the older girls who always want to hold and play with all the babies! It made me realize, church is possible with a baby, but I still don't know how our mother's did it with 5 and 8 kids! (brave women I admire you)
And...I sent out an email but in case someone didn't get it - we're planning on blessing Kaleb on August 31st so if you can make it we would love to have you here! If you need info on area hotels or anything else just let me know.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Family Outing
Posted by Stevens Family at 4:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
Hey Kristen, I didn't know you had a blog! Cool! I loved reading about your beach outing. It is so true. When you first have a baby, they pretty much rule your schedule. I still feel like I'm on a constant schedule that is in increments of 3 hours because that is when Tallulah nurses. Oh, the joys of motherhood!
Hi Guys, I can't believe that he is getting so big. It doesn't seem like it is real. That looked like it was a lot of fun to go to the beach and hang out with your new family, before you know it you will have another one and Kaleb will be able to go swimming in the ocean and then you will be wishing that he was a baby again so you didn't have to watch him so close. I am gald that things are going well and I am sad but I don't think that Cam and I will be able to come for the blessing. We hope that you are doing well and that you are able to get some sleep one of these days. We love you and keep taking lots of pictures, that is the only way that I will get to see my new nephew and to see what you are up to. Love you! Hailey
Post a Comment