It's crazy to realize little Kaleb is a week old already. He already is growing up too fast. Things are going really well and he is such a good baby and so fun to be around. He has quite the range of facial expressions, and such a personality! He is already quite adept at holding up his head, and loves to have his feet free, seems to be constantly on the go. He sleeps with one leg straight up in the air, and I have found it resting up on the edge of the bassinet while he was sleeping. He has been doing the typical only sleep two hours and then get hungry, so we're a bit tired, but it's worth it when he is so cute! He doesn't cry all that often, but he certainly is a grunter! Jake is such an amazing Dad and helps out so much, it's crazy to realize, wow, this little baby came from us, look what we created! It's quite an amazing thing to see the look in Jake's eyes whenever he sees his son, or has to leave him to go to work, how much you can love someone. Kaleb's Grandma Stevens was so amazing and willing to come stay for a week and get to know her first grandson, Grandpa came on Sunday and they both just left today. It was hard to see them go, and a bit overwhelming to realize we're on our own, now what do we do? I can't just pass the baby off to a very eager grandparent at 4AM when he decides he's wide awake? I am so grateful for their help and love, and it was so fun to see Kaleb get to know them better. I am especially grateful that I got to sleep so much, I hope I can keep that up! We will have to get a webcam really soon so Kaleb can continue to interact with his grandparents. Does being a grandparent officially make one old? I still love being a Mom and love the look Kaleb gets in his eyes when he hears my voice and looks at me (or past me, or whatever it is he does) There is no greater feeling than the love of a newborn. I can sense how much more spiritual our place feels with his sweet spirit so close still to Heaven, oh how wonderful it would be sometimes to know what he dreams about or what he sees or thinks about. I never understood the love of a parent until I became one myself. I hope Kaleb forgives me for my learning, stumbling, and shortcomings.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
In the Blink of an Eye
Posted by Stevens Family at 7:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment