We came home from the hospital yesterday afternoon...and they let us bring a baby with us!
Kaleb Bruce was born at 6:45 PM on Monday June 30th. It was a long day. We went in at 6AM I was already in early labor so it took them a few hours to decided that I still needed some pitocin to help speed things along. I also got an epidural, I really liked that! As Jake was sitting there watching the contraction monitor, he would comment "oooh that's a big one" "really? Cool" and I would fall back asleep. I don't regret getting pictocin or an epidural, it was time for him to come, and I know things wouldn't have worked out normally if he was any bigger. After 1 1/2 hours of pushing I know the Dr. was getting nervous and was almost thinking about having to do a c-section (there was no way I was going for that after all my hard work!)
We had the best OB/GYN she was so fantastic and gentle and really helped everything work out in the end, although she had to keep calling more nurses in to help push and pull. She ended up having to do an episiotomy and use the vacuum but it didn't effect his head too much at all. Those were things I didn't want, but, there was no way it would have happened any other way. I loved though that the OB would make me say yes or no, she really made sure my wishes were respected, "Is it OK if I do this or that" I had to vocalize "yes" He came out bright red, with his eyes wide open, his tongue sticking out and a crazy mohawk of dark hair with blond tips, and ready to eat. We're both doing good. I'm really sore but sitting is getting a bit easier. Kaleb is doing well, doesn't cry too much, just grunts and coos. The biggest thing we're dealing with is that we had him circumcised and I can only imagine why that hurts like nothing else whenever he pees, that really gets him using his lungs. I love being a mother, and it just seems so natural like he has always been here, or belonged here. This is love, I tell you!
I am so grateful Jake's Mom and my sister Shawna (due in 3 weeks!) were able to fly in from UT. on Mon. to be here for the birth, and for me (although I'm sure it was more to see the baby)
Thank you all for your kind words, love and supoprt...we think he's rather cute also and are excited we get to keep him!
Thursday, July 3, 2008
This is Love...I tell you
Posted by Stevens Family at 3:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment