Happy Birthday sweetheart!!!! Today is your very first birthday. One year ago today I was holding you in my arms for the first time. One year ago today I still remember your dad leaning over and whispering to me, "This is the closest to Gods we can get, we created life". What a miraculous day that was. And what a miraculous and awe inspiring past year this has been. I was told quite often to treasure every moment because you would be grown in the blink of an eye, I didn't believe all those people, until now.
It seems in a flash you went from being a baby, my tiny little bundle of feet and fingers and wrinkled parts and have quickly become this sweet, thoughtful, funny, loving, curious, most amazing little guy. One part daddy, one part mommy, but so many parts just you.
This past year has been the best of my life. We have such a special bond and I love waking up to your sweet face every morning. From 7lbs 11oz to 23(ish) lbs, (you don't have your 1 year appointment until next week) you have grown so much. Mama and daddy have grown too; We are much better people because you are in our lives. You are the center of my world sweet boy and I will love you for all the years of your life, and beyond. But nothing can replace this first year.
Everyday has been a new adventure. I have loved watching you grow and develop. It seems you learn something new each day. I hope you never lose your sense of curiosity and you never stop learning. I love your smile, and your laughter. It brings so much warmth and light to our family. Seeing the world through your eyes and perspective makes the world come alive, and seem brand new again.
I am so grateful Heavenly Father has entrusted you to our family. I hope and pray I can be an example of righteousness and teach you not only the things of this world, but most importantly, the things of this gospel. I hope you'll always know how much you are loved, not only by us, your parents, but even more so, by Heavenly Father and Jesus.
One year. One magical, wonderful, life-altering year.
Happy birthday Kaleb. How lucky we are that this is just one - another incredible first - of so many more yet to come.
Love you forever,
Ma-ma-ma
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Flash
Posted by Stevens Family at 2:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Comments:
What a beautiful post! And so true!
Post a Comment