Monday, July 6, 2009

One Day at a Time

I realize all my posts are about Kaleb. When he's the most exciting thing around here, why would you want to hear about boring ol' us? Jake is still at the same job, and still enjoys it (most days). I still go in for 2 hours at night to be a receptionist. I'm planning on being done with that by the end of this month. I figure with two boys, I will have plenty to keep me busy at home. I'm sure getting out of the house for a few hours when Jake gets home will be needed even more, if I don't have to drive to work it will mean I will have time to get out and do what I want to. A huge plus is that we can have family dinner together (rather than me and Jake at 8-9:00 at night).
Told you we were boring.
Without further ado - Kaleb...
He is standing up more on his own every day. He still has to pull himself up on something and then he'll occasionally let go. Jake said he tried to take a step and fell over. No need to rush little buddy, I don't have energy to chase you more than I already have to.
It amazes me what kids can quickly figure out. Kaleb was crawling through the aisle at church. I didn't see a reason to chase him, he was being quiet and I assumed he would stop and turn around when he got to the stairs leading up to the stand. He has never been around stairs and thus has never had the opportunity to experience, and practice on them. He got to the stairs, looked at them for a moment, then proceeded right on up with out a moments hesitation. By the time I got up there to grab him he was halfway through the seats at the very back. He's quicker than I thought!
We didn't have any big plans for the 4th of July. I must say, I miss Wyoming and fireworks, now that is a way to celebrate.
We both had work off on Friday and spent the day organizing our house (although it already needs it again). I ran some errands in the morning - getting stuff for the new baby. Later I had to get me and Kaleb out of the house so we went to a local park with our grill and some hot dogs.




(he looks like he's telling me off about something)

On Saturday (the 4th) we didn't do much either. We were invited by some friends to their house for a BBQ and to watch the local fireworks. We got through eating some food before Kaleb decided he couldn't handle anything anymore. We missed the fireworks since we couldn't see them from our place. Jake decided we should watch Star Wars #6 since there are fireworks at the end - ha ha ha - not so sure that counted, but, I guess I still got to see fireworks (in a manner of speaking).

Here's a random picture from earlier in the week. Kaleb loves apple cores and will sit for a good half hour or more just chewing, munching, and generally making a big slobbery, sticky mess. It seems less messy to let him enjoy this treat outside. Then he gets his apple core with dirt and grass too - yum!

2 Comments:

Lisa said...

Don't worry Kristen my posts are all about my kids too. At least you guys do get out and do stuff (which is impressive when you're pregnant!). Kaleb is such a cutie, why not write about him?!

Willits Family said...

I think Kaleb hanging out in the park without a shirt on is the ultimate American freedom.