Like mother's day this father's day means quite a bit more when you have your own kids to share it with.
I am so grateful for Jake and the wonderful daddy that he is - or da-da-da -
I asked Jake what his favorite part about being a dad is and he told me, "the smile that lights up Kaleb's face when I get home"
Here I have been dealing with this kid all day but as soon as his daddy walks in the door - forget mom, I want dad! You can see the love Kaleb has for his dad, it is an incredible thing to witness.
I also want to say how grateful I am for my own dad. My dad has taught me so much about life, and especially this gospel. Through his example he showed me what kind of guys I wanted to date, and eventually marry. I am the youngest of 8 kids, and marvel at my dad's patience and strength that I'm sure was stretched thin more times than not.
I want my dad to know how grateful I am that he embraced the gospel in his life. I'm so grateful he listened to those missionaries who taught him the truths of this gospel. I am so blessed that I was raised in a gospel oriented home, and had the best examples to follow for how I wanted to live my life.
My dad has taught me so much, aside from "life's tough then you die" - He taught me the value of hard work and persevering. My dad has pretty much always been an entrepreneur, starting up a few different businesses that were a great success. I have so many memories, although I was fairly young, of the pool business. Sitting behind my dad's desk with a bag of toys, or swimming in my underwear in the hot tubs out in the showroom. The many summers (and winters) we spent in our own backyard pool, despite there being no heated water. In winter we would use the pool for sledding, creating a starting point usually from our picnic table down the slope to the deep end. I can still remember the rule for swimming, especially if you were a neighbor. You had to pick weeds (was it for an hour?). I don't know how often or successfully he got away with that one.
I have so many memories of our numerous family trips. A lot of camping trips. My dad may have had 6 girls but we all learned to love the outdoors and dirt more than being "pretty". We learned many important survival skills - like the fact that MRE's can be warmed up on the hood of a car sitting in the sun.
It is only recently that I have come to realize how truly grateful I am for my dad and his example in my life. I have been so blessed to have the best parents have.
I LOVE YOU DAD!
On to fun...pictures...
Do you realize how hard it is to get a picture of a babies teeth?Although nothing is visible we believe he is working on getting some more pearly whites in. He is chewing on everything. The flat surface of a wall, fridge, dishwasher, etc. Or, the firebox safe...
With his nose pressed flat up against something, or however he can, he will get to the object of his fancy. I love hanging out with this kid all day, he is quite entertaining and amusing.
Happy Father's Day to our dads and grandpas - you have all been such a huge influence in our lives. Thank you for your love and support. We truly are so blessed to have such amazing men to look to as an example in our lives.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
My Daddy is my Favorite Pal
Posted by Stevens Family at 6:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
Happy Father's Day to the men in your life! And Amen for your daddy!
I have to say I have caught myself saying :life's tough and then you die" on more than one occasion :)
Post a Comment