Sunday, June 21, 2009

My tribute to my father.

This is Jake chiming in. I wanted to publicly post my appreciation for my father. My dad has given me more than he will ever know. He worked so hard to make sure me and my siblings had everything we needed and a lot of what we wanted. He would work long hours both at work and on the side to make ends meet and also to supply us with great trips, outings, and vacations. But even more than that, he instilled in me a sense of hard work, duty to my beliefs, and responsibility to my family. I love hearing myself using the sayings my dad would use, sounding just like him. He taught me much about the world and what joy we can have living in it. He taught me the gospel, and helped me gain my own understanding of it. And now as I have a family of my own, the sense of responsibility that he showed in taking care of his family make so much more sense. I will strive to be as good of a father as you were to me. I love you Dad.

-Jake

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

And Amen for Jake's Daddy! What a wonderful family you guys have! Thanks for sharing!