I guess it means life is good if you can't find any complaints except that life is about the same each day that goes by, and that's all good and okay by me! (less surprises that way)

We try to go for a daily walk after Jake leaves for work (which honestly is the worst time to do that because that's when it's the hottest outside between 4-5PM I'm sure a little sunshine does both Kaleb and me good. Besides the fact that I can use a good walk every day, I get really lethargic and grumpy if I don't get a bit of sun. I'm kind of like a plant, I need my sunshine! (I could never live in a place like Norway)
I finally got bread made this week after a 6 week absence it's nice to have good bread again. I guess I can't find many excuses now that things are settling into a routine, and I have plenty of time to get things done during the day while Jake is here. I must say it's really nice having Jake home during the day because then I can go to the laundromat, the store, and run other such errands, or do fun things without a baby in tow, Kaleb really doesn't like fabric or scrapbooking stores unless he's asleep first. Sadly this means Jake and I don't get out together much anymore, but he didn't like going to fabric or scrapbooking stores with me either (what is with these silly boys?)
We try to go for a daily walk after Jake leaves for work (which honestly is the worst time to do that because that's when it's the hottest outside between 4-5PM I'm sure a little sunshine does both Kaleb and me good. Besides the fact that I can use a good walk every day, I get really lethargic and grumpy if I don't get a bit of sun. I'm kind of like a plant, I need my sunshine! (I could never live in a place like Norway)
Kaleb is growing so fast. Everyone always says they grow up too fast, I didn't believe it until Kaleb started doing it. His newborn onsies are getting on the too snug and tight side, so they are getting booted out of his wardrobe. Kaleb loves taking his nightly bath, he is going to be a water rat like his daddy. He's getting the whole smile thing more and more each day. For some reason I can never capture it on camera because as soon as that comes out he makes a grumpy face, the nice thing about digital, I can keep taking 100 pictures until I capture the smile that I know is in there somewhere, and delete all the constipated faces in between.
Yesterday (Sunday) we were invited to a friends house that just moved out of the ward - I still can't believe they ditched us! They have a gorgeous house and they've fixed it up really nice. They just had triplets so I can see why their 3 bedroom condo just wasn't going to work for them. They have one of their babies home with them now and he is a major cutie! It was nice to enjoy their air conditioning and her delicious Thai food (mmm-which reminds me, we brought some leftovers home with us)
As you can tell, things are pretty much the same around here, and not that exciting. Life goes on one day at a time as I try not to blink because I know I'll miss Kaleb being a newborn. Although, it will be nice when he can do more than eat, sleep, cry, and poop...I just don't know what to do with him all day. And then will come the day when I wish he was back at this stage, I know I can't win with wishes so I'll just try and enjoy every moment. I am so grateful for life right now, no, everything isn't 100% we have our worries and stresses, but, it's pretty good and wonderful. We are so blessed.
3 Comments:
He looks so tiny in that stroller, it's cute!! Which stroller did you end up getting again?
It is so true, they do grow so fast! While they are little, you just want them to be big enough to (Insert whatever here) and then once they can, you just wish they could be a cute little newborn again.
I remember wishing Hannah would learn to crawl, then walk and talk, and now that she runs all over the place and jabbers my ear off, I just wish she could be immobile and quiet (at least not talking) again! LOL!
I guess when they get too big, you just have to have another baby to fulfil your newborn wishes once more. That's what happened to me! But of course this baby will just get too big too fast too, they always do! Oh well, thats life.
Ha ha, I'm rambling now, sorry!
Thanks for the update and pics, he is still a cutie!
Oh, take a pic of him in his swing and carseat, I want to see the colors of the swing, and we are also going to be using a chicco keyfit, I want to see how well he fits in it with the body and head pillows! thanks!
I'm still so impressed that you only eat bread that you make!
Sounds like you're doing well and getting in the swing of things. I always say the first 3 months of your first baby are like survival mode. And, you went to see Nick and Karin??? I can't wait to see you in person because I want to hear more about how she's doing and what's up with their triplets!
Post a Comment