Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Life is Perfect

Emily & Sammy, Shawna & Sabine


Great-Grandma Gubler
Great-Grandkids 120ish

Aunt Raygan

Aunt Jan

Grandma Stevens and
Great-Grandpa & Grandma McEntire

First Great-Grandkid


Jake informed me blogs aren't for posting complaints, annoyances, or general aggravation with life. Blogs are only for writing about how perfect and wonderful life is and nothing is ever wrong. So from now on I vow to only write about how my husband works 10 hour days and still has time to make us three hot meals a day, go to the laundromat, vacuum, wash the windows, clean the bathrooms and kitchen, and take care of Kaleb. Not to mention Kaleb sleeps 12 hours a night, takes good naps during the day and never cries, just sits and smiles and coos when he's awake while I have plenty of time for reading, scrapbooking, quilting, and smelling the bouquet of flowers Jake brings home at least every other day. So, in other words, I won't be writing very much anymore.
Actually, I do have a good post to write today. I have the best family ever! Not only did I get blessed with Jacob in my life but he came with the awesomest (yes, that is a new word) family too. This past week while Jake was at Scout camp I decided Kaleb and I needed to go visit UT and cool off (okay, temperature wise, that didn't happen, mental wise, it did) I left early Tuesday morning for a week of visiting. Kaleb did so well on the flight, slept through half of it actually. I will put in a plug that baby carriers are the best invention ever! I was able to strap Kaleb to the front of me and walk through security and the airport with no problems carrying my three carry-on bags. It was so fun for Kaleb to meet lots of new people, Aunties' Shawna, Raygan, Janice, Emily and Michelle, Uncles' Daniel and Matt, some of his great-grandparents and his newest cousins Sabine and Sammy. It was such a relaxing weekend, and the only thing missing was having Hailey and Cameron with us, I miss you guys but you were there in spirit and in our prayers! (although that is never good enough) Shawna, Emily and I were able to go visit Grandma Gubler to show off our babies, we were also able to talk to Mom and Dad Scofield in France on Skype. I love Skype, it is such a great way to connect and talk and see each other. We were also able to talk to Hailey and Cameron in Tennessee. Not only is it a free phone call you get to see who you are talking to, what a great invention!
On Sunday Aunt Janice and grandma and grandpa Mc came for a BBQ - I swear hamburgers taste better when coming off a hot grill. Kaleb got a little overwhelmed and cranky some days so we tried not to do much but relax and enjoy each others company. Kaleb started smiling this week, it's a little more each day and only here and there, but, he's really getting into the smiling thing, before we know it, it will be all the time. I hope Kaleb is a happy baby, so far he is doing really well, I can't complain too much, he really is a pretty mellow baby, despite his major spewing issues right now. Dan has a new name for him Sir Grunts-a lot, better than Matt's K-Dog. I still like Shawna's analogy about the Jello commercial, it's exactly how Kaleb is, he can't hold still and is constantly 'wiggle wiggle wiggle' The only time he is calm is when you swaddle his arms and legs tight (the only way he can sleep or else he wakes himself up, usually with a fist to the head) I got to hear lots of stories about what a hard baby Jake was, having reflux and it not being known about back then so they just dealt with his screaming all the time - thank you Kaleb for being nice, we sure were blessed! (I still marvel how momma Stevens had 4 more kids after Jake gave them a run for their money right off the bat) There isn't much else to write about the week, but it was a lot of fun, thank you so much to mom and dad Stevens and the family for their love. We truly are blessed with the family we got, on both ends. I am kind of afraid of what kind of world we brought Kaleb into, but I am so grateful he will have the best family ever to teach him and love him and be good examples for him. It's so amazing to look at Kaleb and realize two little cells created him but it's not just Scofield and Stevens, there's generations of influence there, McEntire, Penrod, Hinton, Gubler, York, Lehnhof, and on and on, what a legacy! I will just post lots of pictures so you can see the fun we had.

4 Comments:

Holly said...

I'm glad I got to see you and Kaleb while you were here even though it was only for a short time.
He is definetly a grunter!
He is so cute though!

Blogs aren't only for the perfect parts of life, it's so annoying when all someone talks about is how happy and great everything is, it doesnt seem real. If you are only going to post the happy stuff, make sure you know you can email me or call me anytime you want to, good or bad, I want to hear from you.
Plus I think it does help to relieve stress by writing about the more frustrating things in life.
It makes you seem more human to hear you are going through what I went through with my babies. Frustrating posts are not all "debbie Downers", it helps to type out the frustrations, and shows people you are real and not perfect. It's good to see that people aren't perfect.
Plus, if you ever need help with anything, or have questions, or just want to vent, please call me, I love to hear from you!

I may not always post on your blog, but I read it all the time!
I really like it!

Sarah Heder said...

Woah, Jake, I completely disagree with him! Blogs are meant for all of the above --happy, sad, mad, frustrated, annoyed, excited --- whatever your emotions may be, it should be expressed. Friends read our blogs and they can see how we're doing and try and figure out how to support us. And on another note, Kaleb sleeps 12 hours at night?! I read that at first and freaked out and then realized your sarcasm! Glad you enjoyed your trip. We missed you this past Sunday!

Tanya said...

Yippy, Your back... I agree with the above comments, blogs are for all emotions. Can't wait to see you and we missed you this week.

Brent and Emily said...

Blogs are for whatever you feel like posting. Just don't be surprised at the feedback you get.

Glad you had a good time. Cute pictures!