Saturday, June 23, 2012

Joy in Every Single Day

This past week our day-to-day has revolved around Breahna; as has the camera and my journaling. We're slowly starting to figure her out; likes, dislikes, and especially schedule. I'm remembering how to do everything one handed ... like blogging. She is a very snuggly baby and loves to be held close against our chest.
The most helpful thing we finally figured out is how she prefers to sleep. Unfortunately it's on her stomach. That is one of the biggest no-no's shouted from all experts. Babies are better sleeping on their back. It's 2-3 hours of sleep on her stomach or 15 minutes on her back. We'll just have to take all the precautions we can and let her find comfort how she likes it best.

My sister Shawna stayed the one night and then had to head back to her responsibilities at home. Thank you again for coming up to visit and especially for your love. (this is one of her girls, Sabine)


I gave Breahna her first bath at home ... yeah, it was pretty much a fiasco. I tried to use the tub the hospital sent us home with but quickly realized it wasn't going to work for me. The poor girl survived my fumbling and manhandling.

My mom came up for a visit for a few nights. It was great having her here to help around the house and especially to have the extra arms to hold a baby. I got a lot of napping in...it was great. We also spent the days going to the grocery store, going to the park, eating lunch out, and trying out a new frozen yogurt place. All the walking felt great.
 She introduced the boys to a new way to have fun in the house
Eventually she too had to get back home to her responsibilities. Thank you for coming mom! It was great having you here. We miss you already.

Alexander has discovered a new game that he and I can play while I'm preoccupied with baby sister. Hide-and-go-seek in the closet. He'll jump out and laugh hysterically because I couldn't find him.

Even with baby we've been getting out for plenty of walks and fun. I just throw her in the sling, right back where she's been for 9 months, and away we go. It has been plenty hot this past week, it makes me even more grateful for the splash park just up the block. It's a great free way to cool off. Breahna and I just sit in the shade while the boys play.
Last night was our ward campout. We went up for the dinner - no camping yet for us. The boys were excited there was a river with rocks to throw.


Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart ... Winnie the Pooh
Breahna really likes her pacifier, fingers, thumb, anything she can get in her mouth to suck on.

The boys have been so good transitioning to this new stage of having a baby around

We love having a grill, especially during these summer days. The best part about having a charcoal grill... roasting marshmallows:

1 Comments:

Holly said...

That splash park looks awesome! I wish ours was like that, with slides and all.