I didn't have anything to post last week. I grabbed the camera to see if I could at least put up a picture. 'No images' flashed across the screen. Wow, my life is boring.
This past Monday Jake and I decided we needed to be in Arizona to support Hailey, Cameron and Jesse.
Jesse had a surgery last week that didn't accomplish what is was supposed to. It was decided that he needed another surgery to try again.
We were able to get away on Thursday morning as soon as the boys woke up. It was an uneventful drive and the boys did so well traveling during the day. We only had to stop a couple times for Xander and us to eat and Kaleb to play in the rest stop dirt and rocks. We arrived in a timely manner and met Hailey at the Ronald McDonald House. I am so grateful for this charity. I never really knew much about it before. I had seen the donation boxes at various McDonalds but never paid them much attention. This is a house for families to stay while their children are in the local hospitals. There is a full kitchen/ dining room (with I think 4 stoves, like 8 fridges, etc) laundry rooms, bedrooms with private bathrooms (like a hotel room) and most importantly there is a spirit of love here. I feel the spirit so strongly here, He is definitely a central part of this house. There are so many volunteers in and out of here. More often than not there are three hot meals provided each day by many different volunteers; local families, churches, school groups, even operating room nurses the other night. I am so grateful Hailey and Cameron have this home away from home while they focus on their baby and his needs. This is truly an amazing place.
I went over one evening with Hailey to tell Jesse goodnight. After the surgery Jesse wasn't breathing very well (during surgery they had to move his lungs and reposition them) He was on a ventilator and they were giving him lots of drugs to keep him asleep since they couldn't have him moving around. He wanted to be awake so bad and was really fighting the drugs. It was so hard to see him strapped to the bed with tubes and wires coming out of every part of his body. They haven't been able to hold him due to all these tubes and wires, and that was really hard to experience. You just wanted to scoop him up and give him the biggest hug and tell him all would be well.
As Hailey tapped bubbles out of one tube and explained all the different medicines to me (I think there were 6 or 7?) I had to smile. She probably knows more than the nurses. She would do real well in medical school after all this.
Right now the boys are asleep and I'm awaiting news. Jake is at the hospital with Hailey and Jesse is in surgery (again).
We were able to do a family fast yesterday. Jake and I found a local ward and attended their Sacrament meeting. I got the strongest confirmation that with faith united all things are possible.
Let us pray for the miracle.
I'll update with pictures when I get home...not sure when that will be. We're taking this one day at a time. Jake has some amazing bosses who are just letting him do what he needs to do. We'll go home when we feel it's time.
Monday, February 8, 2010
Weekly Ramblings
Posted by Stevens Family at 12:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment