Monday, February 15, 2010

Enjoying the Moment

How wonderful and amazing these boys are, and how quickly they are growing up.
Kaleb has such a sweet disposition and is so kind to his brother (most of the time).
Take the example in this picture. Alexander was crying and wanted me to hold him. As I ignored him, Kaleb went and found his pacifier and brought it to him. He was patting him on the head and trying to get the pacifier in his mouth.Oh I love these boys!
This was the scene last night during bath time.
Kaleb was jabbering away to Xander, who was laughing hysterically. Makes me wonder what his big brother was telling him. They were both laughing pretty hard until the camera came in and distracted them. And you get a lovely Jake hacking up a lung scene (the reason why I made him sleep on the couch for two nights).


My how these boys are growing.

Kaleb is starting to communicate so well with his words.
He is using silverware more often, which has been a huge help for me. Meal times are pretty crazy around here. I have three bowls and three spoons, one bite to Kaleb, one to Alexander, one to myself, and back around the circle.
He is definitely in the stages of toddler-hood. He loves running and is getting pretty quick and hard to catch. He makes messes faster than I can clean them up. He is so happy most of the time and such a joy to be around.

Alexander seems so big to me all the sudden. He is getting more independent. He can pretty much sit up by himself. He rolls likes crazy and I have to remember that I can't just lay him down on a higher surface and walk away. He has already rolled off the bed once.
He is getting really into food and so far hasn't rejected anything new that he's tried.
We are so blessed that he too is such a happy baby. Now if we could only get him to sleep at night.

We came home from Arizona coughing and sneezing and so stuffed up (Kaleb started it!) This past week the weather has been gorgeous but I just didn't have the gumption to get the boys outside...although I know that's what they needed, a good exposure of sunshine.
Jake and I had quite a few plans this weekend that we had to cancel so we could stay home and keep our germs to ourselves.
Saturday we walked around an outdoor mall, enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. It certainly helped me feel better!


Kaleb took this picture on Jake's phone. Not bad for someone who is 19 months old.
We had a babysitter planned and a reservation at a restaurant. Having to cancel all that we got the boys in bed and then ordered Mexican food from our favorite local establishment. I even pulled out a tablecloth and the candlesticks.
We weren't able to attend church the next day. I don't feel too bad though because no one wants our germs!
I feel like I'm on the upswing of my cold. The boys are still coughing and are pretty stuffed up but I'm thinking we're all on the upside (I hope!)
I really don't like being sick - ugh!
On a side note - I seriously have the best visiting teacher ever. She called to see if she could stop by, last Wednesday I believe it was. I informed her that wasn't a good idea since we were all sick. She stopped by anyway with a pot of chicken soup and some cookies. YUM!
What an amazing thing this gospel is. I feel so loved and well taken care of even if my mom is 10 hours away.
Opening the windows now and letting in the California sunshine. The only thing I like about living here (besides certain people and friends of course).

1 Comments:

Brent and Emily said...

Your boys are just too cute. :)