Some days I feel like a hamster in a wheel. Every morning, I'm right back where I started, doing the same thing over again.
This week has flown by in a whirlwind of life.
Nothing new or out of the ordinary. Just a whole lot of living. A whole lot of dealing with the ordinary.Mess making for Kaleb. The other day he put the laundry (at least it was the dirty stuff) in the toilet. He loves the Tupperware cupboard. It does me no good to pick it up until he has gone to bed. The first thing he does when I get him out of the crib in the morning is empty the Tupperware. Kaleb continues to amaze me every day at how quickly he learns new skills and words. I wish I knew what he was saying half the time as he runs up and down the hall.
Alexander is growing way too fast. I picked him up this morning and he suddenly seemed so big to me. He smiles and laughs so easily and is becoming a much better tempered baby. He enjoys playing by himself a lot more than in the beginning.
For me there is the usual cooking, cleaning, budgeting (oh, how I hate that word), and mostly trying to live more in the moment - to be the listening mom, the in on the action mom.
Not sure how entirely successful I've been on the last part, but at least I'm trying. I have to start each day with the same resolve. I am not going to sigh and roll my eyes when one of the boys wants attention. I am going to drop whatever I am doing (as long as it's not important, and it usually isn't) and I am going to get down on the floor and just love my little boys.
For Jake, he just goes to work. Which I appreciate a lot. Although some days I wouldn't mind trading jobs with him.
Jake's nephew is still in the hospital. The doctors are coming up with a plan of attack to battle the illness that is ravaging his little body. We continue to hope for the best and pray for the miracle. Thank you for your prayers on behalf of my sister-in-law and her family.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Hamster in a Wheel
Posted by Stevens Family at 4:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Comments:
Laundry in the toilet huh? Oh boy! Being a mother is exhausting isn't it? But I don't think any of us would trade it for the world. I love your goals to give your boys the attention they want and need, I am having a hard time with that myself, I feel so stretched! Like you said, all we can do is keep trying.
Post a Comment