Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sunshine and Rain

We got back yesterday evening. It was an uneventful drive, a scary rainy one, but, good none-the-less.
We were mentally and physically worn out and ready to be home but so glad we were able to be there to support Hailey and Cameron.
I am so grateful we were able to stay at the Ronald McDonald House. I can't say it enough, what an amazing charity.
There weren't any bathtubs so we did the best we could with the boys nightly baths. We tried to give Kaleb a shower one night and I fear we scarred him for life the way he was screaming. We resorted to the laundry room sink, which was just as traumatic.

One day a couple stopped by with their ranch therapy animals. Kaleb and Xander both weren't so sure about having anything to do with them.























I wish we could have seen Jesse as his usual smiley self. But, it was nice to see him, although very hard not being able to scoop him up and hug him.
This is a picture sent to my phone a few weeks ago.

I think these boys are related. I see so many similarities in their mannerisms and facial expressions. Can't wait until they can play together.
The house had plenty of stuffed animals and blankets to snuggle up with.
Kaleb's favorite part was all the rocks. Every rest stop he wouldn't eat, just go straight for the rocks and start throwing them behind him. There is rocks in about every landscape in Arizona so it was hard to go anywhere with Kaleb because he would plant his feet and want to just sit down in the rocks.

It was a good trip. We found time to laugh even amidst the storm clouds. There is nothing like a game of 'hand and foot' late at night.


















We love you Hailey, Cam, and Jesse. Hugs and prayers as you make some of the most difficult decisions. Know that no matter what, you made the right decision. All will work out as it should. Lets pray for the miracle that it will work out how we want it to.

0 Comments: