Is there really any reason to Blog this week? Of course there is, I have new pictures; that's always a good reason.
We (me and the young boys) didn't really leave the house at all this week. Partially due to some problems with me not healing quite as well as we would like (don't worry, nothing too serious) and the fact that it has been over 100 degrees this week, no way do I want to go out and push a double stroller up a hill. Can we say, ugh? I am trying to be real careful about not picking Kaleb up so carrying two babies up and down three flights of stairs was out of the question.
The most exciting thing we did was go to Costco - YIPEE!
Oh wait, we did go to the park Friday night and have deliciously juicy (Jake likes condiments) hamburgers hot off the grill, yuuuum!
Kaleb and I, okay, probably mostly me, had major cabin fever this week.
Alexander is growing so quickly. I have won the argument that he does have red hair. Jake finally admitted it. I got my little red headed blue eyed boy. They aren't bright blue like Kaleb's so we think they might go hazel like Jake's did; we'll see. He is starting to smile more and more. He has a very furrowed brow and seems to have a constant look of "are you serious" that or disgruntled. He seems more colicky than Kaleb was. He likes to be held, all the time in fact. It has been a bit of an adjustment, besides the fact of having two boys. It is kind of hard to take care of Kaleb while holding Xander. It's either that or listen to him scream. We're figuring it out one day at a time. He likes to eat, that's what makes him the most happy. I am so grateful he is a good eater and makes nursing easy, just like Kaleb did.Kaleb still isn't walking, although he thinks about it more each day. He likes to stand up and walk around objects. Sooner than later I know he'll realize how much more he can get into with his hands free if he isn't crawling. He pays more attention to Xander and often comes over to tap his head or bat his feet. He often sighs audibly when Xander is crying; it's pretty funny. He is such a happy boy (most of the time). It really helps when days get long to listen to Kaleb laughing at something as simple as the baby wipes container opening and closing. He is more interested in stories and will often crawl into the room where I am to hand me a book. His favorite right now is 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar'. I thinks it's mostly because it has little holes he can stick his fingers into. He also loves a pop-up book called 'Dear Zoo'.
Did I ever mention Kaleb loves rugs? He will sit and play with a rug, flipping the corner up and down. He laughs the whole time and looks at you to make sure your paying attention to how funny it is.
It's amazing how long I can make a blog post when I had "nothing" to write.
Until next week...
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Oh Blog
Posted by Stevens Family at 2:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
your boys are so cute. kaleb really is so good natured and Xander is so darn cute and hungry is always a good thing :D
I hope you get all healed up soon! It does take a while doesn't it? Just know that you're not the only one not getting out of the house...I pretty much just take Ian to school (one way) and go to church on Sunday and the grocery store every other Saturday...sounds like fun huh! Well good luck to you, your children are beautiful!
Post a Comment