My life is pretty boring right now. It mainly consists of one poopy diaper after another. That and wiping oatmeal or puke out of ears and noses. Oh the glamorous life of a mom. We should start a fashion line of pre-dirty looking shirts on the shoulders and down the back. When baby pukes, that's fine, no one will notice if you don't change your shirt until tomorrow, oh wait, didn't account for the smell. That could be a new perfume line Eau Sour Milk.
It has been challenging doing the whole nighttime business again. Kaleb is gettting two more teeth on top so I believe that is his excuse for also getting up at night. What ever happened to both boys sleeping 12 hours, taking 2 two hour naps, and being potty-trained? Oh that, and of course, getting their own food and feeding themselves :-) That is what mom's dream about.
It is so rewarding though when the newborn stats smiling and paying attention to you. Oh, you do notice me. It is hard to capture those first tentative smiles on the camera, but, here's the best attempt.Alexander has a needy temperament and doesn't fall asleep or nap very easily. We're getting by and figuring him out one day at a time.
These pictures are for those of you freezing in Utah and other areas. Here we are, enjoying the park in onesies and short sleeves. Ahhh, California. Although, I am sad and jealous when I see pictures of the changing seasons in the Utah mountains. Good thing I will be visiting Utah with the boys for 5 weeks so I can get that all out of my system and then be happy to come back to temperate California weather.
Days are long, sleep is short, but these boys are filled with love and laughter and make life so wonderful and perfect. I can almost say I look forward to getting up each day to spend another day with them.
I can't believe how fast they grow. It doesn't seem like Alexander has grown much but one day his newborn outfit was a perfect fit, the next, it was way too small. How did that happen so fast!? It's hard to believe he's 1 month already.
Today Kaleb woke up so grumpy. He was screaming about being hungry and was sitting on my feet holding my knees while I was in the kitchen trying to scramble an egg for him. I put some leftover oatmeal in the microwave for him. He sat in front of the microwave screaming the whole minute and a half. Soon as it dinged he cheered "YEAH!" and started clapping. Never a dull moment with this fun boy. And I swear he ate a huge dinner, we don't starve him.What have we been up to this week? Not much different. We enjoyed conference via the wonderful technological advances and streamed it through our internet and onto our big screen TV. It really made me miss Salt Lake City. Saturday night we went over to our friends house, the Murray's. Jake and Nick went to the priesthood session while Karin and I enjoyed our baby conference with 4 toddlers and a newborn. Afterward they fed us a delicious spaghetti dinner with homemade sauce - YUM! Sunday morning we had some new friends come over. The Estradas have a 6 year old and 3 year old boy that are full of energy and gave me a glimpse of how this place will sound in a few years. Although Kaleb is pretty mellow so we'll see. We ate crepes and biscuits and gravy while watching conference, and trying to listen with so much chaos and noise all around us.
The week quickly came to an end last night with a goodnight Skype conversation with the Stevens family. I am so excited to see all of you in a few weeks! (I'm also excited to see my family, don't worry) I'm sad we'll just miss Hailey and her cute baby Jesse but glad they'll be back, and bringing Cam with them - YIPPEE! Can't wait for Thanksgiving when we get to have everyone together.
I love that the weather has been mid 60's lately - so nice! We actually pulled out the kettle last night and had hot chocolate. Although it made me realize, I have no long sleeves and hardly any pants for these boys. I'll have to remedy that before Utah weather freezes us all.
Kaleb is now digging in our freezer (it's on the bottom) so I guess that means he wants some lunch and is going to help himself if I don't get up.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Boys-R-Us
Posted by Stevens Family at 10:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
Xander is sooooo cute I can't stand it. And Caleb is looking more and more like Jake I think. What a fun house of boys!
we missed you guys last weekend. your boys are just getting so big. we will definitely reschedule dinner and soon too. When are you leaving on sabaticle? 5 weeks you say? that is a long time, are your parents coming home????? call me so we can catch up...
Post a Comment