This was a fun but long week. Jake went back to work. It was nice to get back into a routine and start figuring things out. We learned more about Alexander and what makes him tick. It's amazing how different Kaleb and Alexander are.
Xander likes to be held, all the time. He doesn't like to be in the swing, or bouncer, unless he just ate and is really content. Most of the time he will start screaming after about 5 minutes. I am learning how to take care of Kaleb while holding a baby; it has been interestingly difficult.
Xander is a chow hound. This guy likes to eat, and it's about all that makes him happy. He'll eat for 5 minutes, puke, eat, etc. He does spit up a lot, but, it's more oozing than projectile like Kaleb (I know, lovely picturesque description).
Our amazing ward took good care of us and fed us dinner this whole week. I had a good friend come over with her 3 girls to pace with Xander and her girls entertained Kaleb. Not to mention she cleaned our kitchen. We feel so blessed to be in this ward, and are so grateful for our friends and their love and support. It's really nice to know that I am not going through this alone. Besides prayer of course (the best place to go for help and advice), I feel so grateful to have a long list of friends I can call any time of day and they would come right over to help out.
I went to Studio City a few times this week to get in some girl time. Friday night I met with some friends for movie and Thai food, oh wait, Chinese. Saturday I went back for a baby shower.
Kaleb is starting to show an interest in feeding himself with silverware. He isn't very successful most of the time, but he's learning and growing so quickly. A lot of times if we can't get him to eat something we'll just leave it on his tray and walk away. He'll usually eventually get to it in his own good time. Silverware or not.
He's taken a lot of early baths this week.It is so much fun having two boys. I love how much more Kaleb interacts and plays with us. This kid cracks me up and is so much fun to be around. The other day he picked up Xander's pacifier. I told him it was his brothers he looked right at me, popped it in his mouth, grabbed another one and brought that one to me. Okay, not quite what I had in mind, but, thanks.
He still doesn't like the idea of walking, but he is showing more initiative by standing up in the middle of a room, and has taken a step or two (never on purpose of course).
You can see his top teeth in this picture.Saturday we went to Orange County to the Sand Sport Super Show. Kaleb seemed to really like looking at the big trucks and sand cars, and saying "truck" (his word for anything with wheels). We did spend a good portion of the time changing one diaper, then another, then having to change the first kid again.
Kaleb and Jake excited about the Mosebilt sandrail.
I think this is the face of a very tired boy who is ready to go home.
We all had a lot of fun enjoying the sun and hope to some day be able to play with the toys we saw at the show.
Xander is such an alert baby. He has been since day one.
Until next week...
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Relearning
Posted by Stevens Family at 3:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 Comments:
it was so fun getting to hang out with you a little this week. the pics are so cute of the boys!!!
That's great you can get out of the house every once in a while! I wonder what that's like....
I love seeing all your photos! It makes me so excited about having two soon.
I love all your pictures Kristen! I wish I could be there to hold the baby and play with Kaleb too!
Does Xander have red hair?
Post a Comment