Sunday, September 13, 2009

Peek-a-boo times two

We flew through our first week as a family of four.
We were able to see Dad Stevens for a few short hours on Sunday before he and Mom drove back to Utah Monday morning. We are so grateful Mom was able to be here and for her help.

Jake had the week off, I think he's ready to go back to work. We had a lot of fun just being together as a family. We went on a few day trips during the week. I can't sit at home for long before I am getting the itch to go somewhere, anywhere.
Kaleb seems to be getting used to having Xander around. He still tends to ignore him more often than not. Occasionally he'll take an interest and wander over to poke his brother, steal his pacifier, or just crawl over the top of him.

I love being a mom of two boys. It's tiring getting used to the 'up every two hour' schedule, but, so far, so good. We're all adjusting and figuring things out. It's amazing how quickly life falls into a routine and just feels natural and right. We feel so blessed to have Xander in our family. I forgot how much fun it was to never have clean clothes and to always smell like sour milk :-)

Xander doesn't like bath time, or diaper changes for that matter.


He would much rather be free to wiggle and flail. He'll only tolerate the occasional swaddling.On Friday we went West about 2 hours to Santa Barbara for an outing. We enjoyed hot dogs from the grill and the humid but cool sea air.


Random...
The other day while out driving, Xander was screaming. We finally got the pacifier in his mouth and hear a huge sigh and audible "ahhh" come from Kaleb. That kid cracks me up.

3 Comments:

Shawna Stevens said...

I am so thankful that you are such a good picture taker. It make living far from you not so bad all the time. I love the new pictures. I hope you got thecollage picture that I created of the three grandsons. If not let me know and I will try and get it to you. Love you tons.

Holly said...

Yay for more pictures! I love seeing your pictures too, you have the cutest boys! I sure miss you! I can't wait until you come out in November and I can see Kaleb again and Xander for the first time.
Did you see that Marylynn commented on your last post? I think it would be so fun if we all got together to catch up and see each other's kids sometime when you are here!

Lisa said...

Your family is too cute! I can't believe you have already been out on a family outing! I'm glad Kaleb tollerates the crying so well, Hailey screams when the babies cry, so instead of 2 crying babies (which is a lot already) I get 3! Glad you guys are enjoying life!