There isn't much new going on in our lives at the moment. Everyday is about the same.
Kaleb is growing so quickly. It seems he is doing something new every day. Today was one of those moments. Kaleb will sometimes roll from his stomach to his back but I've never seen him go the opposite. Today I laid him on his back and then I came in to see him on his stomach with a toy that had been a few feet away from where I had laid him down...how did he get that? I let him do his thing and just watched him from a distance. He ended up on his back again, and then rolled over to his stomach and started the army crawl...just a few scootches (that is now a word in my book), but enough to reach another toy. I wish I could have caught it on camera, but, I'll be ready next time! It's so fun and amazing to watch Kaleb grow and develop.
Our life right now is so predictably unpredictable.
Yesterday I was in the laundromat and a gentleman asked me if it was worth it to have kids. In more words or less I let him know it depended on the day but that parenting is the hardest job you will ever do, and the best. Some reasons why I think it's amazing is because they look up to you, and make you laugh. They make you remember what it was like to be that young, to have an endless fascination with a world that is completely brand new, and thanks to them we get to revisit that world every day with them. They remind us to have fun and make us realize that sometimes cloud watching IS more important than doing laundry. There’s no doubt that having kids changes your life forever, but I wouldn't change having Kaleb for anything in the world. Sometimes I do miss those selfish things, endless sleep whenever I wanted, me time whenever I wanted, leaving the house at the last minute with maybe just my drivers license in my pocket. But, having Kaleb has definitely changed my world for the better.
I enjoy being a mom. I do not always enjoy parenting, but I do enjoy being a mom.
P.S. - A huge CONGRATS to Jake's brother Daniel and his FIANCE Hannah- they are getting married in January - we are so excited for them!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
A Slice of Life
Posted by Stevens Family at 2:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
aawwwhhh, he is growing old while I am gone, such cute pics..
I can't believe he's already eating solid foods. Time flies!
Post a Comment