This week was all about food. Leave it up to the Americans to have holidays centered around food, like we need an excuse to eat more than we should.
Wednesday my sister Shawna, her husband Matt and daughter Sabine (3 weeks younger than Kaleb) came to hang out with us. Thursday was all about the food. We spent half the day making food and dirtying every dish we owned, and the other half eating it all. Only 4 of us and I think we had enough food for 10 people (at least)
~14 LB Turkey
~20 potatoes, mashed
~3 LBS green beans
~3 yams - baked and brown sugared
~1 dozen homemade wheat rolls
~Apple Salad
~Green Salad
~Grilled Mushrooms
~Cornbread Stuffing
~2 Bottles of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider
~2 Bottles of Martinelli's Sparkling Apple-Grape
~Pumpkin Pie
~Lemon Meringue Pie
and Chocolate Cream Pie
Using my favorite quote from Jake's sister Shawna (there are two of them, don't get confused here) we gobbled until we wobbled.
They brought their Wii gaming console and we battled it out for fame and glory - or just the last piece of pie, and Austrian chocolate that they so kindly brought us from their world travels.
Even the babies were very fascinated with the Wii (what are we doing to our poor children!?)
Friday we spent the day being lazy and wandering Glendale and the mall and shopping complexes...this is us white trash people - sitting on the sidewalk putting together a stroller. Sabine was getting too heavy to carry comfortably very much longer. Saturday we made the drive to Santa Barbara and enjoyed the day wading in the ocean and wandering the town and pier. (aren'
t all you people that are freezing in Utah jealous?)
This was by far one of our better Thanksgivings in a while. This was the first time we've been with other family in the last 4 years. We had so much fun hanging out and are so grateful they came for a visit. I love family! This makes me even more excited and anxious for Christmas to get here when we get to be in UT. and see more of the family.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
So Thankful for Family
Posted by Stevens Family at 6:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
Looks like you had a great time!
I wish I could have been in California for Thanksgiving!
Kaleb is still super cute, as always, and he's getting bigger!
Looks like boys are so much fun! I can't wait to have my little boy to hold and play with. Everyone always says girls have the cutest clothes, but I think boy stuff is way cute! I love the outfit he is wearing on the beach!
I can't wait to see you when you come up here for Christmas (Even though you are coming to see your family, and me being able to see you too is just a bonus).
That looks like a great weekend. There's nothing better than family.
Post a Comment