Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Finding our Mark in History.


I wanted to give a quick shout out to my mom and thank her for teaching me how to sew. Which means I guess that I thank grandma Gubler also because she probably taught my mom how to sew, and actually had a huge influence in teaching me since we're both left-handed. This is probably a weird thing to be grateful for but I am so grateful that I am able to take a much needed perfectly good pair of pants with a broken zipper and replace said zipper with a new one. Thank you to those patient ones who taught this backward left-handed girl a very valuable skill that has come in handy more than a few times.

"There is a moment, a simple moment, before history gets recorded.
Before it goes in the books.
Before it appears as a question on a game show.
Or on a midterm exam.
A moment right before the headline is written.

There is a moment when history lives in the present.
When we can watch it unfold in real time, right before our eyes.
When we can all assume our place in it."

-- Maria Elena Fernandez--

I assumed my place in history by casting my vote of unyielding hope for a better future for my children and grandchildren. This was the first year that I've cared enough to vote. This was the first time I took a moment to study all the issues. I felt so proud as I handed in my ballot to know, I did what I could to hope for a better tomorrow. We are so blessed to live in this land of choices and decisions.

Adventures of parenting...
We started on a new journey of parenting and introduced rice cereal to Kaleb's diet this morning. It was a rather messy adventure. He did pretty well and seemed to enjoy it. I do wonder how much he actually managed to swallow, but he didn't seem too hungry afterward so I guess he got enough. Now we just need to get him a highchair and baby sized spoons. I still can't believe Kaleb has grown so fast!

I figured out something about our camera...and I can post it! Cool!


4 Comments:

Beveridge Blab said...

I am so glad that your camera does that. I have been wanting to see him so bad and now its like I am there. Thank you for posting that. I can't believe how big he has gotten either. I am glad that I will get to see him in two months.

Brent and Emily said...

Cute! I love to watch little ones try to figure out how to eat.

Thanks again for having us over last night. We need people to force us to be social. :)

Holly said...

Oh thats so cute!!!
I can't believe I missed this post, I normally see the day someone posts something new because their blog is at the top of my blog list. I somehow didn't see it until now.
He is so cute, I love it when babies first learn how to eat solids! We have a bumbo chair just like that, same color and everything!
I used it for most of Abby's feedings until she was big enough to feed herself, they are really an awesome idea!

If you want, you can have our high chair when you come for Christmas. It's a fisher price space saver high chair that clips onto a regular kitchen chair. The tray is dishwasher safe too. We wont be needing a high chair for a while.
Anyway, it's yours if you want it!

Sarah Heder said...

That boy is growing so fast! I can't believe how big he is getting!