I'll just skip over my litany of excuses and get right on to an entire month.
Now to sum up summer in one post. This is going to be a whirlwind:
We'll start with June 15th - Breahna's 2nd birthday.
Her birthday was on a Sunday. We had her party on the Saturday before. We only invited a few friends but they still forgot to show up, except one family. She still had a lot of fun:
Balloons guided your way up the stairs:
It was a farm animal theme. Evelyn was very appropriately dressed:
I put cow spots (with a sharpie) on white balloons)
I made a whole bunch of pigs and turned the play-pen into a pig pen. My thought was to release all the pigs, turn on a big fan to blow them around and have the kids round up the pigs, but not the cows! And get them back in their pen. We never did play the game, but we still had fun with so many balloons.
A timeline of Breahna
She was beyond ecstatic when she saw her pig cake:
carrots made with Annies bunny crackers and uncut piping bags:
I made a pig fruit bowl but got in too big of a rush and cut my pig wrong so I had to stick the top of his head back on - hahah
A simple but fun party. Just cake and icecream with a few side treats:
yet she loved it and that's the most important part
picked up some flowers at our local farmers market. They were a perfect decoration for a farm theme:
The kids had fun letting the balloons fly over our big fan:
crayons and coloring pages was a good activity for two year olds:cake time!
I should have let the cake sit out longer. I used ganache for the mud and it was still rock hard when it came time to cut and eat.
Bre chose vanilla cake with a raspberry filling. I used fresh raspberries from the garden to make the filling, it was pretty yummy
time for presents from friends:
Joy and Emberly
couldn't wait to read her new book
The next day was also all about Breahna:
She chose french toast for breakfast:
then got all pretty for church
first time trying a french braid in her hair. Not too bad.
After church I started dinner with help from my sidekick:
wish I could remember what Breahna was so mad about and what we all thought was so funny. (a sad example of why I need to keep up with my journal and blogging)
We gave Breahna presents from us on her birthday so she got to open more presents:She chose pizza for dinner:
This girl has a lot of sass and a driver personality. She wants to do everything herself and is very mischievous. She loves treats and anything sweet. She's pretty whiny but her happy moments make up for it. She drives her brothers crazy but we all love her a whole bunch. Happy birthday Breahna!



















0 Comments:
Post a Comment