Wednesday, August 27, 2014

God Bless America

True independence and freedom can only exist in doing what's write - Brigham Young
Breahna looked pretty adorable all dressed up for the day:

 We weren't planning on attending the parade. I grumbled, it would be hot, crowded, kids would be ready for naps so we went to the grocery store instead. As we were headed home we noticed the parade was just starting. Eh, why not? I had Jake pull over so me and the 3 older kids could get out. I think it made it worse that we weren't prepared. No stroller, hats, sunscreen or especially water.
The kids had a lot of fun, mostly because pretty much every person that went by threw candy or otter-pops, t-shirts, frisbees, balls, etc.
 Later in the day we had a barbecue planned for our friends and neighbors:
 Evelyn really liked the ribs:
 Then we kept the kids up past their bedtime so we could light fireworks when it was dark. We joined with some neighbors and had a blast.
 

0 Comments: