Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fall...Winter

Fall seemed to only last a few days before winter blew in fiercely cold. I easily love and forgive everyone but winter, I just can't seem to get attached to, love, or forgive.
For the sanity of mom and kids, I still force us to go for a walk everyday. We're now spending a lot of time together indoor.
The boys love the computer. I had to set them up their own account so they would stop messing up my desktop. They have discovered typing letters in the word document. They love watching trains, planes, and helicopters on YouTube. They also discovered some of their favorite songs paired with video, and Winnie The Pooh.

The boys are growing so quickly. They are officially not babies.

 They are doing so good in school. Alexander has really improved. He now will go with babysitters, or into church nursery with no problems. This alone was beyond worth it! He is learning to be social and share with other kids. Kaleb still mostly keeps to himself, but, he's slowly coming out of his shell and trying new things.

Halloween was a quiet end to October. There was a small party at church that wasn't really geared for all the toddlers in the Ward. The boys were ecstatic to dress up as two of their favorite characters. Buzz Lightyear and Woody.
We carved pumpkins at home after the party.
The boys were very specific what they wanted done with their pumpkin. A Star, a circle, and a crescent. They asked for a good guy face, I guess this counts? (side note about 'good guy'. They love watching Star Wars with Jake. They quickly learned 'here's the bad guy!' 'good guy!' And as the space ship warps into hyper speed, 'bye-bye')
Halloween the boys decided they wanted to switch costumes. Good thing they both wear the same size clothes.
Our decorations.
We didn't go to many houses. Mostly just around the block. The boys loved ringing the doorbell and yelling "Trick or Treat!" Even more exciting if they got a sucker.
I thought there would be a lot of houses participating and a lot of kids. We live in a city of mostly young families with little kids. I only saw 2 other kids out besides us. Only a few houses had lights on and were offering candy.
I bought a large 115 count bag of Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids. We only had 5 trick-or-treaters! The two kids that we saw, we invited them in, they are in our ward. And our neighbors stopped by. I later learned that everyone drives to a certain neighborhood for trick-or-treating. Good to know for next year!
Now I'm stuck with a huge bag of candy that I keep accidentally eating.
Hmmm, I know what I'll be putting in my families 30 stockings this year.

Not much excitement going on around here. Jake is super busy. We make sure we have family night at least once a week, and he and I have a date night, leaving the kids with babysitters, once a week. It's not much but every little bit helps.
Last night for family night the boys discovered bowling. We had empty soda bottles that I filled up with a little bit of water for weight. I placed them at the end of the hall. Gave the boys a ball. It was a huge hit. There was a lot of giggles and fun. Best of all...it was free!

1 Comments:

Anne/kq said...

They don't look like babies any more. :) :(

Hilarious about switching costumes!