Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Holidays

The holiday season is officially here. I mostly love this season. I love all the time we get with family. I love all the dinners around the table. I dislike that it happens in winter.
We are blessed that both our families live fairly close to each other so we don't have to choose who to spend the holidays with. We get to see everyone. Thanksgiving dinner we went to Jake's grandparents. Both sets came together along with cousins and aunts. It was fun to see everyone.
4 generations

Dad Stevens holding Xander - grandma and grandpa Stevens - grandma and grandpa McEntire - 
Mom Stevens holding Kaleb

We left home on Tuesday. Kaleb had school but Xander didn't. I used that time to take Xander to the beauty college for a haircut. Too bad Kaleb didn't get a chance for a trim.

I am the youngest of 8 kids. My great-grandma was alive for a few months after I was born. I don't recall seeing any pictures of her holding me.
I love that the boys will know all their grandparents.
One of the Thanksgiving highlights was watching Grandpa Mc go for a ride. The cousins fixed up the old motorcycle that had been hunkering in the garage for quite a while. Grandpa was so excited...grandma, not so much. What a special treat to see him take off down the street. Just goes to show that you don't have to grow old.
 The boys loved watching the motorcycle zoom around.
 Cousin Peyton joined in keeping vigil.
Bruce-Brent-Brad-Grandpa-Blake (the motorcycle boys)
Jake's sister Raygan took it out for a spin
The boys loved watching but weren't so sure when I asked if they wanted to sit on it.
 

The boys had a no nap day. Kaleb was falling asleep as grandpa rocked them.

Next we ventured a few hours South to my parents house to see my family. I forgot to pull out the camera. But it was still fun! Jake got his pumpkin pie and he was ecstatic. He was trying to convince the boys to also love it. He figures if more than just him likes it I'll have to make it more often. I am not a fan of most pie.
We did a little bit of late night shopping. Just 10pm for a few movies at WalMart. I went to a few stores over the next few days.
Most importantly, I made Kaleb get a haircut. It was full throttle drama. He screamed murder and fought as hard as he could. I ended up sitting in the chair with him to hold him down and told the lady to just use the clippers best she could. Get it done quick. I even brought a whole bag of gummie bears as a bribe. He wasn't haven't any of that! It was worth it, he looks so much better.
 Kaleb was figuring out how to use the camera. Took quite a few self portraits and not so flattering pictures of me.

We're back home again. I've had a cold for at least a week and a half. Trying to keep everyone else healthy. Today I am ignoring the disastrously messy house, not unpacking and generally doing nothing useful.

0 Comments: