Sunday, May 1, 2011

Little Men

First, a picture that really made me smile. I recently found this on Jake's old phone. I believe it was our last beach day in California before we moved. These mud stained cheek splitting smiles tell me, no matter how the day may have gone, we still had fun and made memories.


It has been fun having Jake home. We keep ourselves busy going for walks, playing at the park and going to the nature park to see the ducks and to throw rocks in the lake. We also have plenty of windy days to try out kite flying. I think daddy has more fun than the boys 


If Kaleb's hair looks a bit greasy in the back, this is why...
While supposedly taking a nap on mom and dad's bed Kaleb was instead smearing Burt's Bees hand balm all over (why? why? why?). He also pulled apart two boxes of tissues. I quickly called my 'mom to the rescue' friend Anne. She has been adopted as my triage nurse and my calm figure in crisis mode. She has always been able to help me resolve any issues the boys present me with. In case you ever want to know what to do with Vaseline in hair. I used dish soap. Dawn to be exact, but I doubt it matters. I filled the bath with water as hot as he could stand and scrubbed, scrubbed, scrubbed. Kaleb took three hot baths this day and was still slick and greasy for a few days. I pulled all the sheets off the bed and rubbed dishsoap on the grease spots. Washed in hottest water with color safe bleach, and oxy-clean (maybe my reg washing soap too??) A little over-board maybe?  I had no grease left after I pulled everything from the dryer so all that soap worked.

I ordered a suit for Kaleb months ago. It was supposed to be for Easter. I got it on Tuesday...figures. The boys still looked very handsome all dressed up and ready for church today. Poor Xander always gets his brothers hand-me-downs.



What handsome little men. They are growing so fast. I held a newborn baby at church today, just for a few minutes to help a mom out. I can't even remember my boys being that little. It felt so awkward to be holding something so small. My arms didn't know what to do.
I must soon admit my babies aren't babies anymore and are little men. They still allow me the occasional cuddle and kisses. More so Xander, that kid is a mama's boy through and through. In the mean time I am going to soak up all the cuddles I can. And not get too upset about little boy messes. Someday I won't remember the messes nor the days that weren't perfect. I will always remember the hugs and kisses and most importantly, their cheek splitting smiles.

1 Comments:

Claire Thompson said...

Seriously I'm sure I need to spend more time borwsing blogs, you guys MOVED!!?? some of our fondest memories are of grilling with your guys at our house or at the park. We moved too, we're in Utah now and have to say we like it a lot.