Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Oh Film

I've had 4 rolls of film sitting in my camera bag for several years now. It's so expensive to have it developed. In fact, not many stores will develop it anymore. I haven't found anyone that will still do 1 hour film development.
We had a period where we didn't have a digital camera. Thankfully I still had my 35mm film camera. It took me awhile to even find film for it. And it was also expensive. Film is not the way to go anymore.
It's always fun getting film pictures back. You never really know what you'll get.
These rolls had two birthdays and family adventures.
First up was Kaleb's 2nd birthday.
We had a friend party a few days before. Enjoyed the traditional bonfire at the beach. Hotdogs and s'mores.

Xander - mmm - potato salad

Jake is always the designated chef
Anne made a yummy soy free carrot cake
We were grateful some friends were willing to put up with the drive and most importantly, the sand.
Maggie - Anne - Jeff - Emma - Bridget


We also had a family party on Kaleb's actual birthday.

This football was the best present from friends. The boys still fight over it.

Lots of loot from grandma, us, and friends
Lucky duck got two parties which means two cakes

September was Xander's 1st birthday.






At some point we went to Solvang, a Danish town, for the day. It's now geared more for tourists. I certainly did see or hear very much Danish. All they had was really expensive hamburgers and lots of sunshine.



1 Comments:

Anne/kq said...

That was a great party, except the sand. But I love your family so much I will put up with the beach for you. :p

I hear there is a great playground right outside Solvang. I keep saying we should take the girls there, but we have to both find a budget and time to do it, and scout out soy-free food while there... Ay.