Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Footsteps

going to the park. A daily, if not twice a day, activity
Walk alongside me, daddy and hold my little hand.
I have so many things to learn that I don't yet understand.
Teach me things to keep me safe from dangers every day.
Show me how to do my best at home, at school, at play.
Every child needs a gentle hand to guide them as they grow.
So walk alongside me daddy. We have a long way to go.

bedtime story
 I am so grateful for Jake. I love to watch him with the kids. I love how they look up to him, that expectation in their eyes. Our kids couldn't ask for a better daddy, nor could I ask for a better father for our children! Thank you!

Jake had the tradition growing up to go to the sand dunes every Easter and ride. We didn't have any toys but being within minutes of the dunes we couldn't pass up the opportunity to go.
We packed our grill and some hotdogs and went to enjoy a few hours.




sliding down the dunes

As the boys played in the sand running here and there I started feeling a little sad and thoughtful. The footprints they left behind got me thinking about how someday these feet are going to be doing incredible thing, going places we can only imagine. Oh how fast these little feet are growing.

Two little feet, too little time,
Two little feet, One little child,
Will soon go their own way,
But footprints in my mind recall,
They stood here yesterday.

K was eating the dirt by the handful and saying "mmm"
The next day was Easter. We didn't really have anything planned. After church the boys took a nap and we put out a few things for them to get when they woke up. Thanks grandma for the box of fun the boys received! We added a few more things and called it good. We decided we wanted to give them stuff we could enjoy together. Each got a kite, we also gave them a matching game, and thanks to grandma a movie and a few balls.
 The loot

I love the boys look of glee when they get a surprise.




Modeling their very practical and warm Easter outfits from grandma.
Thanks grandma!



0 Comments: