Sunday, May 22, 2011

Party-Party-Party

May is a busy month. It's usually busier than December. It's great being closer to family because now we can help them celebrate everything.

We started out the month with celebrating Jacob's birthday. I got a friend and her husband (their date night, he he he) to babysit. I took Jake out for some fun and then dinner.
I didn't have any wrapping paper for Jake's presents. No worries! I have fabric, string, ads, and a padded envelope! Ha ha ha - good thing there is no judge.


I finally got to try out my Christmas present! I really need to learn how to hold it. My arm was bruised. You can tell we're not in CA anymore. We were able to just pull off the side of the road. Most of the land around here is BLM land so it's fair game.




Then we celebrated a very quiet mother's day. It seemed to sneak up on both of us this year. Jake still made me a delicious pancake breakfast.
Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom,
I had never been puked on. Pooped on. Chewed on. Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts. I slept all night.
Before I was a Mom,
I had never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put them down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.
Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
Before I was a Mom,
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never know the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, 
the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
before I was a Mom.

We then got to travel to Utah. Went South for some warm weather. I got sunburned just driving over the border! Jake's parents rented a house for the kids. Thanks mom and dad! It was a nice place. There was a pool that made the little men giddy with excitement. We tried to go swimming as often as we could. The first day we enjoyed an all day wedding for Jake's cousin. We ended up missing the reception and ring ceremony later in the evening since little men were sleeping.



We also celebrated Grandma and Grandpa's 65th wedding anniversary.


Pool at the house. The boys still love water.

Grandma brought sidewalk chalk. Xander had a lot of fun with that

Grandma and grandpa were staying at a nearby hotel. Their pool was outdoors. Slathered on the sunscreen and went to enjoy a few hours.

Saturday we had another wedding. This time for my cousin.

Sunday was this beautiful ladies 90th birthday. Okay, technically grandma's birthday was the next day. Dad Stevens was this day. We stopped at their house right before we left. Steaks on the grill, family and friends. A great way to celebrate.

Kaleb has always loved rocks and dirt. Grandma and grandpa have a gravel driveway. He sat in the same spot for almost 3 hours. Throwing rocks, and getting very dirty. Why do I bother getting this kid any presents? I need to just fill a box with rocks
Three generation of Stevens.





I wanted to see my family before we headed North again. I invited all my sisters to meet at my aunts house for lunch. We ended up with a lot more people. Cousins, grandma, and lots of babies. It turned in to a real party - yippee!
Baby Anna
Newest addition - Penelope - a.k.a  - Penny


My mom with baby Penny, my grandma, my SIL Mari with baby Anna, Cousin Jennifer, Aunt Kathleen and sister Michelle
I feel so blessed to have such a great family. I am grateful I was born into the best family. And more importantly, that I married into an amazing family. I am surrounded by love on all sides. It sure makes life wonderful!

1 Comments:

Beveridge Blab said...

Thank you for updating your blog with lots of family pictures! It made me even more homesick but I loved being able to look at the family. I hope to be able to be around a little more. Miss you guys and love you.