Another year gone? Wow, that went fast. I guess we've been too busy to realize time was flying by.
This has been quite a whirlwind year. It has been challenging and full of blessings all at the same time.
We realized you can get pregnant even when nursing.
Jake celebrated turning 30 in May.
Moved to another apartment, in another city. In another ward and stake also.
We celebrated Kaleb's 1st birthday end of July.
Had Alexander beginning of September.
Kaleb went to nursery this past Sunday - he's really 18 months already - wow! He has grown so swiftly. When I dropped him off for nursery he walked right in the door and didn't look back, amidst other kids screaming and crying as mommy walked out the door.
The new year always starts off with several parties.
Mom and Dad Stevens stopped by for a brief 24 hour visit on Wed the 30th - leaving the next morning. They brought us Christmas. We feel thoroughly spoiled rotten. We got a rocking recliner and the boys got spoiled by their aunts and uncles with toys galore
New Years Eve we spent in Anaheim with our good friends in their new house. Jake cooked a traditional meal I've come to expect ever since I was younger...stir fry - oh my yummy! Jake did such a fantastic job, despite the fact it had a bit more heat than I like. I just kept a box of tissues handy and pigged out on stir fry, wontons, and shrimp. I was fired from helping in the food preparations after strike three. Started out with burning myself on the hot oil, then cut my finger, then dumped dry rice all over the stove and floor. I'm a mess!
We taught our friends boys how to eat shrimp when they still have their tails. The ward missionaries came for dinner and helped us polish everything off. We kept ourselves awake by playing a video game called Wii - I was sure struggling with staying awake, and knew I would regret it in the morning...but it was so worth it!
The next day was my birthday - 27 years old - wahoo!
We didn't have any plans but decided to randomly walk around Downtown Disney since we were right there and had never done that before. It was a really nice day and we enjoyed ourselves.I still have problems taking videos the wrong direction. You would think I would learn. Can I just say, I love my boys. They are so fun to be around (most of the time) and cute, and just brighten any day. (as I ignore the screaming baby next to me)
Jake made sure I blew out some candles. Didn't quite blow all 27 out in one breath - whew.
Kaleb really enjoyed helping us eat cake and icecream.January 2nd is our anniversary. 6 Years ago we were joined for eternity in the Jordan River temple in UT.
Since then we have lived in 7 apartments, 3 states, and 5 cities. But best of all, we have an 18 month old boy and a 4 month old boy.
It certainly hasn't been easy all the time but I am so grateful we have each other to torment for eternity.
Thank you my eternal love for all you do. Thank you for being you. Thank you for being my shining star no matter where you are. Thank you my dear for loving me. Without you where would I be. Thank you sweetie for coming into my life, I'm so proud and grateful to be your wife. I look forward to our golden years. More happy times, and not many tears. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Thank you for being my rock and solid foundation. It is so nice to have someone to lean on and to grow with as we traverse life's paths together. Thank you for being a great dad. I still think the best gift I've ever given our boys (besides life of course) was to choose you to be their dad. I love their giggles of delight when you walk in the room and the way their faces light up as Kaleb runs over to be swept up into your arms. Thank you for working so hard to support us. I appreciate all you've done for us more than I could ever decipher in words. You brought my life to life. I am so grateful to have you to love for eternity.
Just a jumble of thoughts are going through my head and they can never adequately express how much I love you Jake.
This was how we spent our anniversary. Just relaxing.
This is what happens when you have kids.
A beautiful perfect day to spend at the park. Alexander loved his first time on the swing, giggling the whole time.We wanted to spend most of the day by ourselves enjoying our anniversary without kids. This did not happen because we have a dear sweet boy who will not take a bottle even if he's starving to death and there is no other food source.
We opted for a quick dinner instead.
We dropped the kids off at some dear friends in our old ward and went to try out a new romantic find. Jake had the best lamb shanks and I the yummiest ravioli. It was so nice to be together. I had to laugh when a family came in with their kids and sat down right next to us. Siiigh, we just can't get away from kids!
I was a really enjoyable evening and nice to get out even if just for a little bit.
Now the holidays are over and it's back to the daily grind of everyday life. I look forward to what this year will bring us and what it has to offer.
Bring it on 2010 we can take it!
Monday, January 4, 2010
Yearly Overload
Posted by Stevens Family at 8:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
what a sweet post, we loved having you guys over!!
Great pictures and word Kristen! At the end I think you were just reading Greeting cards for Jake :-)
Love you lots!
Post a Comment