Here I sit freezing in UT. It's supposed to snow tonight - brrrr! I had to go buy hats and gloves and borrow coats for the boys, we've never needed winter gear in CA!
I can't believe one week has gone by already.
I spent the first half at my parents home. Most of that was spent chasing Kaleb up the stairs, until we barricaded it. That lasted about 1 day until he figured out how to move the barricade with much gleeful laughing.
Alexander is getting a lot more interactive and social. He is so fun to have around. I can prop him up in the corner of the couch and he'll be happy there for quite a while. He doesn't like to lay down, but, sit him up and he's all good. I'm glad he is already growing out of the 'hold me 24/7' faze.
On Thursday Jake's family came to pick me up and let me spend some time with them. I feel so blessed to have married into a family that I love so much and love spending time with.
On Friday we got to go to Gardner Village and see the witches that they have all around. Witch hunt only lasted about 10 minutes before we were leaving with two screaming and one soaking wet baby; due to Xander puking all over his clothes (again).



Kaleb has been getting so much better with regards to walking. He can now walk while holding only one hand. He has taken a few single steps by himself but he'll quickly drop back down into 4-wheel drive. We'll get there eventually.
I can't figure out why this video is sideways and won't rotate. We'll call this video 'Kaleb walking on the wall with grandma'
Alexander had been progressively getting worse with his puking and throwing everything up so we took him immediately to InstaCare to see if there was anything that could be done for him. I asked my pediatrician in CA about his problem and was told it was just a newborn faze that he would eventually grow out of. I was concerned since he's only happy sleeping sitting up in a swing, or only sleeps 45 minutes at a time. He gags in his sleep and I have to run over and sit him up. He screams and gags like his spitting up is hurting him. It just goes on with him. The amazing InstaCare pediatrician quickly filled out a reflux prescription, what can it hurt to try it out? If it doesn't help him she thinks there might be something else wrong and he'll have to get an X-Ray of his stomach. I don't think it will come down to that. The medicine already seems to be helping balance the acids in his stomach.
The next day we went for a visit to great grandma and grandpa's house.


Great Grandma and Grandpa meeting their 3rd great grandson.

After visiting the grandparents we stopped at Costco to get medicine for Alexander. We also stayed to eat some food. All Kaleb wanted was grandmas Caesar salad dressing. Silly boy.

I hope all of you have a happy and enjoyable Halloween





2 Comments:
I wish I was there with you! I miss you guys. Kaleb and Xander are looking good. I am glad that Jesse and Xander look a like, there needs to be some look a likes in the family, or at least tell if they are related. Can't wait for Thanksgiving!
Oh I'm so glad the instacare dr listened about the reflux. Thats what I thought it was when I saw him too, he didn't seem colicky to me, he seemed like he was fussy because of pain (like when he wouln't let us put him down, and when he just wanted to eat but he was already full).
I'm glad the medicine is helping! What kind is it? I've heard sometimes with reflux that if one medicine doesnt help so much, there are others that can work better, so if it starts to not help so much, I'd have them try a different prescription for reflux (don't let the CA dr say it's just colic!)
I'm so glad it seems to be helping him though! He does look a lot happier in these pictures!
Can't wait to see you again!
Post a Comment