Saturday, October 10, 2009

Flash-bam-alakazam

My title was going to say 'flashback' but that came out instead. I think it sounds cooler anyway.
Remember way back in the day when you took a picture and it was stuck in a little round canister and you had to wait to see what the picture looked like? This might make me sound ancient. I found three rolls of film that I wasn't quite sure what fun things were captured on them. I finally remembered to take them with me to Costco this weekend. After shopping for an hour I was able to pick up the pictures, along with a CD so I could view them on the computer. Technology is amazing.
I discovered on the film a camping trip and a wedding.
My side of the family tries to do a camping trip every summer. This was the last one we were able to go to. The summer of 2007. There was hiking and a lake nearby where we were able to launch our canoes. There was lots of pine trees and the fresh scent of mountain air (I miss that so much living in CA). Most importantly, there was lots of laughter and fun.


Dad and a nephew relaxing
2 brothers (1 missing), 5 sisters,
4 brothers-in-law, 1 husband,
5 nephews, & 5 nieces



My sister getting help from her daughter with eating her grapes.

Three of my nieces looking rather unhappy
that they are stuck with dish duty.

Love abounds when you're with family

No, this is not a polygamous advertisement, it's
just the Scofield crew (minus 1)

Then came a wedding in January 2009. Jake's brother Daniel and his wife Hannah. This was also when we told them we were expecting (again). Ha ha ha - oh the joy of remembering the shocked expressions around the dinner table after that announcement came out.

Three of my favorite sister-in-laws

Kaleb and Grandpa Mc
(Kaleb looks so tiny)

Make sure you don't miss a drop of that juice Kaleb

Sister-in-laws and cousin



Remember when this could happen to pictures if light got into that little light proof box?
I love this picture of Jake (although I am so glad he shaved off that mustache). Too bad the camera wonked out at this point and ruined it.


Once a family of three.
I guess technically #4 is there.



Back to the present day...

Kaleb and Dad relaxing

Kaleb talks! Too bad he's the only one that understands what he's saying.
It usually consists of a lot of "deider deider deider" He has loved discovering the cool noises his tongue can create and spends a lot of time clucking, blowing raspberries, and such.


Another Kaleb story from this week. I wish our eyes had a rewind and record because Kaleb does so many things that I would love to share. As I was making grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch I dropped some butter on the floor. I threw the sandwiches in the frying pan then grabbed a towel to wipe up the floor. Turn around and Kaleb is licking the butter off the floor - ewww.
Kaleb is getting 2 more teeth on top, a total of 6 now. He has also recently been grinding his teeth, much to my annoyance.

Next week I'll be posting from Utah...if I am not too busy having fun that is. The boys and I are headed to visit the family. We'll be back in CA in time for December.

1 Comments:

Holly said...

Yes I remember the "old days" of cameras, I guess that makes me old too!
Remember when you had to wait longer than an hour to get your pictures back, and how excited we were when we could get them in only an hour?
Technology is really nice sometimes!

And hey, you are coming up here next week? How long will you be here again?
I want to steal you for a day, or at least a few hours! I want to hold the new little guy, and see Kaleb too!

Hey, random, I was just reminded the other day about my Koala blanket that you made for me! Remember that? Do you still have the big bear one that I made?
Yeah, sorry random I know!
Can't wait to see you!