Tuesday, April 5, 2016

A Memoire

I hate that I've let myself fall so far behind with this blog. I know I've already forgotten many memories I wanted to cherish forever. I figure, even if I don't have the whole story I should at least record the pictures that some day when I'm old and forgetful I can look back and remember. Oh wait, I already am forgetful.
We made a trip to Utah. Nearly 6 months later now and I can't remember why. But, we went. I was finally able to give Jeff and Mari Eliza's quilt. I am grateful for the talent God gave me that I have been able to make so many quilts, especially this one. I'm grateful I was able to make this cherished memory.
At my nieces funeral I asked all the quests to sign quilt squares. I put those squares together with clothes of Eliza's and a few pictures. For the first time, I sent a quilt out to a professional to finish. She did an amazing job quilting it.

 Evelyn is a bit clingy of a girl. She hardly ever lets anyone else hold her. During this visit I was standing right there but when something happened and she needed comfort she went running to grandma.

We live in the land of potatoes. Every year a lot of farmers, after harvesting, open their fields to the public. Anyone who wants to can come in and dig up whatever potatoes they can. We've never gone before but I thought it would be fun to try. It was very crowded but we were all having fun digging in the dirt and enjoying the sunshine. We weren't digging up many potatoes but then they drove a huge dump truck into the field and dump out a load of potatoes. It was a mass scramble like kids going for pinata treats. We quickly overfilled our bucket with way more potatoes than we needed. That night we gave bags of potatoes to all our neighbors and made french fries for dinner.

We went to a local pumpkin patch. A lot more fun than just going to a grocery store. All the kids had fun, despite the cold, picking out a pumpkin of their very own:
A few days later, Jake, our master carver, designed and cut out as the kids directed him with their imagination:
 Evelyn doesn't care yet so I get to design and carve her pumpkin:
 Jake and I also spent the month helping the kids plan their Halloween costumes.
Our masterpiece was making Kaleb an airplane. Unfortunately, it was way more front heavy than we realized so he was nosediving. But, the propeller spun, and we were proud of it. Also unfortunate, Halloween night was really windy so it was too hard for Kaleb to hold on to the airplane. Jake ended up taking it home. I stayed out with the freezing cold kids and Jake stayed home to pass out candy.
Alexander was a power ranger. Evelyn was a butterfly. And Breahna was a pig. I love Halloween simply because of the smiles on the kids faces. I love helping them create their dream costumes.

0 Comments: