Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mis-Mash

I have to blog about these pictures before this week begins or else this post will be mashed together with our Thanksgiving stuff and just chaotic.
I have been trying to get a family picture for quite awhile. We were scheduled and then all got whooping cough. Then our financial funds didn't cooperate. I finally got another date set ... and it snowed the day before. First snow day of the year (of course). I decided to go for it anyway. I dressed everyone in multiple layers. It was still too cold. The photographer was able to snap a few quick pictures before we had to pile the kids back in the car, crank up the heat and shiver the whole way home to sit in front of our roaring fireplace. I didn't get all the pictures I wanted and still hope to get back together with the photographer. But, we got some good ones!

So I'm kind of biased but I think Jake and I make pretty cute kids.
I love being a wife and mother. Although most days I am pretty drained by the time 8:00pm rolls around. The best thing about being a mother is feeling each baby kick for the first time, then hearing their first cry as they enter the world, then counting little fingers and toes. Hearing their first word, then watching as they take that first huge step. I love my job! The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that tomorrow, I have something awesome to wake up for! They don't care if I'm having a bad hair day or if I might have gained a few pounds. They love me for who I am and that helps me love myself.
Seriously ... this is who I get to hang out with all day ... how could I not have the best job in the world?

Moving on:
An Idaho Thanksgiving!
We have some pretty awesome friends here in Idaho. We decided to host a Thanksgiving dinner for them before we head home for our own Thanksgiving with family:
The boys loved helping me prepare the food.
They were great helpers as I made the rolls and pie crust:
(poor Alexander biffed it on the driveway yesterday. His nose is so scraped up and he has quite the goose egg on his forehead)
And this guy spent 11 hours smoking the best turkey ever. It was so tender and juicy. Great smoked flavor. Good things do come to those who wait:
 mmmm - I don't think we will go back to traditional baked turkey

Until next week when I write all about our 2nd and 3rd Thanksgivings. Enjoy your holidays!



1 Comments:

Jessica said...

You got some great pictures!!! They're all excellent! Way to brave the cold!