I dislike winter for about every reason there is. I don't even think snow is fun to play in. And I know for sure, ice is not forgiving. I feel like the boys watch too many movies. And we all suffer from cabin fever and irritable temperaments.
I finally pulled out the PlayDough grandma gave the boys for Christmas. It was a huge hit. I had to get creative with what to use to help play with the dough. Maybe I should invest in some cookie cutters.
Enough stalling...I'll get on to the whole reason why you are even reading this post today.
The highlight of this week:
Yesterday Jake was able to come with me to a doctor appointment. I have felt since the beginning that we were having a girl. I don't know if it's because I was a lot more sick this time around. I don't know if it's because the boys were due the end of the month and this baby is due June 5th. Maybe it was just wishful thinking?
I am grateful for modern technology that let us get a peek into babies world through an ultrasound. What an amazing invention! 3-D was phenomanal.
I had skipped breakfast and only drank a Sunny Delight. Not a smart choice. This baby has always been very active. But whoa, baby was hyper active. About all the doctor could see was flailing appendages. Face was turned away so I was a bit disappointed we couldn't get a nice image of that. But it was obvious, soon as the doctor put the ultrasound wand on my belly - whoa in my face - as he said "I usually like to save the big reveal until the end but this little girl is in my face flashing us" Great, she's hyper, and a streaker - ha ha ha - We are excited to be awaiting the arrival of baby #3. A very healthy baby girl.
Breahna, we can't wait to meet you! Jake isn't so sure how he's feeling He's not sure he's ready for someone that small to have so much control over him. He knows it's inevitable he'll be wrapped around her finger. But we both know, no matter if she likes ribbons and ruffles, our girl will know how to camp, shoot a gun, and get dirty!
We told the boys today. They just laughed. I think once she's here they'll have fun.
We have a little neighbor girl that comes over sometimes. Her mom watches Alexander and we trade babysitting. The boys, especially Alexander, love chasing her all over, reading her stories, etc.
The other night we babysat a friends 3 month old little girl. The boys were watching a movie. Alexander kept coming over saying things like "come see the Lions!" then he would bring her a big truck and put it on her belly "come play". Oh this is going to be a fun adventure.
I am so excited to welcome this next addition to our family.
3 Comments:
Congratulations! Happy for you guys!
Congrats I am so excited for you guys!
so excited for you guys!! it will be fun and the boys will get a kick out of it for sure...Kevin says he wishes he had a little sister "because they are so cute" his words :D
Post a Comment