It seems like the case everywhere, winter has finally come. We've had more rain than snow, that's okay by me. The wind has beat furiously on our windows. We've battened down the hatches and sequestered ourselves inside, going out only for necessities.
Saturday I decided to let the boys get out and have fun doing what they do best; getting as wet as possible. Our parking lot/driveway has some great puddles.
Here's some random things I always want to remember about the boys; They love reading. There are several books that Kaleb will "read" cover to cover all by himself. A few favorites: 'Brown Bear, Brown Bear', 'There Was an Old Woman Who Swallowed a Fly', 'No, David!', ' Go Away Big Green Monster', plus several more. They also love music. I hope they always love music. Whenever one of us plays music Xander starts dancing. Both boys love to sit at my piano, with or without me. They will pound and sing random mismatched songs. They often sing as they play, eat, or whatever they happen to be doing. I noticed after preschool that their song knowledge exploded.
A few of their favorites: 'the alphabet song', 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star', 'We're Goin' on a Bear Hunt', 'I Had a Little Turtle', '5 Little Monkey's Jumpin' on the Bed', 'If Your Happy and You Know It', 'Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam', 'Popcorn Popping', a lot of primary songs. We sing a song with the boys every night before they lay day. Kaleb has gotten really good at singing along with us. He tries so hard to sing whatever we are.
Here is Kaleb singing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. He will sing it by himself, at this moment he was watching music videos on the computer:
I will leave you with the hilarious image. I'm sure some day Alexander won't appreciate me sharing this with the world. For now, you can all laugh with me. Alexander decided he needed to wear an extra pair of underwear over his pants. This was funny in itself, but then he added one of my purple fuzzy socks, outfit complete.
Superhero in the making
0 Comments:
Post a Comment