There's always so much to do in the summertime. I love it!
We've been spending a lot of time outside, at the park, and playing in the water. The good weather seems to be indecisive if it's here to stay. Some days we'll get lots of rain with thunder and lightning, but, it's sunny.
This past Friday we went to our ward campout. Kaleb has been before but this was a first for Xander. Both seemed to enjoy it. They got as dirty as possible, ran, screamed, and ate chips and cookies for dinner.
Xander tried his first toasted marshmallow
He really enjoyed it but wasn't so sure about the mess afterward
| Kaleb just wanted the plain ol' marshmallow |
The boys slept okay. Kaleb had no problems. Just laid there quietly until he fell asleep. It took Xander a while to finally settle down. He was pretty restless the whole night. Jake and I didn't sleep too well either. But, that's usually the way it goes.
We got home Saturday morning. I threw in a few loads of laundry then headed right back out the door.
Drove 470 miles by myself to help my beautiful grandma celebrate her 75th birthday. The girls met for dinner. I enjoyed fish n' chips, and the best onion rings, ever.I then turned right back around and went home. It made for a long day but was so worth it. I'm grateful I married into a great family who I was able to fall in love with instantly.
Jake had a spa set up at home right when I walked in the door. If you have never soaked in a hot bath with coconut milk and rose petals, you are missing out. Add candles around the edge of the tub, a bowl of almonds and dark Lindor chocolate, heavenly! Then a hot rock massage, bouquet of roses, sparkling cider, ahhh yeah. It's a fact, I have the best husband ever! Just wanted to brag a bit about how amazing my husband is.
1 Comments:
I find it hilarious that your summertime post involves pics of the boys in sweatshirts. LOL.
Post a Comment