Sometimes brothers can be super funny. I tried to be so sneaky so they wouldn't see the camera...it didn't work so well.
There hasn't been much going on around here the past few weeks. A whole lot of running to the bathroom. Nope, no one is sick. It's potty training time...yippee! The boys are slow at figuring it out but one day at a time it's coming together. I've resorted to bribes. They each got their own potty and I took the boys to the store yesterday to let them pick out two toys each. I made a sticker chart for them to earn their toys. So far it's not working. They don't understand why they can't just have the toys. We will need to have a professional carpet cleaner come in a few months. So far this has been my least favorite part about parenting. Our neighbor potty trains their kids from birth. The way she explains it, it seems so simple(ish) and makes a lot more sense! I'm thinking of researching it more and seeing if it's doable for a future kid.
We enjoyed conference in our traditional way. Invited friends over for a Saturday morning breakfast and different friends for a Sunday evening dinner.
Our friend couldn't come last minute for breakfast so I called up my visiting teaching companion to ask if her and her husband wanted to run over and help us eat our food. I forget young married couples with no kids actually sleep past 9...weird...don't remember what that was like. They were good sports and ran right over. Hey, free breakfast, how much more incentive do you need?
I did take time yesterday to make a pie for Jake. One of his teachers has been a huge help. Jake wanted to make him his favorite dessert...coconut cream pie. So, I ended up making it. Mmm-toasting coconut sure smells good. Can't wait to eat this tonight.
Jake is taking his last few tests this week then he has the summer off. He has done so well. I am so proud of him and grateful for all his hard work.
1 Comments:
I definitely agree that potty training is the very worst part of parenting! I am going to start my boys in 2 weeks and I am getting ulcers just thinking about it. The very biggest thing (that I learned from my prior 2 experiences) is that you just have to put them in undwear and never put them back in diapers (except for sleeping). It's harder than it sounds! Good luck!
Post a Comment