Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's the same as having one, only it's doubled.


Kristen informed me that it was my turn to post. She said to offer a little insight into having 2 kids. So after thinking about it, I came up with an answer. It's the same as having one, only it's doubled. But she didn't think that was enough of an addition, so I continue to write.

This week has been a bit rough for Kristen and I. My job has been stressful as the number of projects have increased and we are running a skeleton crew. It has been a week of longer hours and covering different positions more frequently while trying to take care of my main responsibilities. And Kaleb and Alexander have not been sleeping well. So adding early hours on top of the work situation has been exhausting. Kristen has been right there with me.

Today we found out part of the reason Alexander has been so grumpy. After church, Kristen was holding Alexander. As he usually does, he just grabbed her finger, stuffed it in his mouth, and chomped down. The very sharp pain Kristen experienced indicated that a tooth is just poking through. It's a good thing we don't remember the pain of getting our teeth.

Kaleb has his good boy and bad boy hours each day. He is becoming very helpful in putting things away, as well as being able to wreck havoc by getting into more things. He is using more words and becoming easier to understand. It's truly amazing how fast the little ones grow.

All in all, things are going well here at the Stevens. Some days we just manage to get trough, while other days we realize how blessed we are. So tune in next week for more.

-Jake

I told Jake to update the Blog because I had nothing to write. Who are we kidding? This is long winded me we are talking about.

Just a few quick observations about the boys.

Xander is starting to talk, a lot. I don't ever remember Kaleb talking this much, even now.
Xander is so close to crawling. Pretty soon I know they will be running in opposite directions.
Xander seems to laugh more than Kaleb does, or did. He is always laughing to himself and smiles so easily.
Kaleb is our snuggle boy and is more the one to lay his head on your shoulder. Xander wants to be up looking around.
Kaleb loves music, always has. Quite often he'll come up to me and start humming so I'll put him on my lap and start singing whatever I can think of. He'll just snuggle right down and be very content. This is also the way to calm him down if he's having a hard night, or day. Whenever we have music playing he'll be humming along or bopping his head. When we're in church and the choir or someone starts singing he'll jump up to stand on one of our laps in order to see better. He loves to sit up at my piano, whether by himself or with me. He just loves any and all music.
Kaleb loves books. He is often sitting on the floor flipping through them. He is always bringing us a book he wants to read. I have made it my goal to drop whatever I am doing and read to him. It will only take a few minutes, anything else can wait. It's especially nice to sit on the couch feeding Xander with Kaleb snuggled up next to me as we read stories.

Oh yeah, I have nothing to write :-)

2 Comments:

Tanya said...

lol, yes two is fun but 3 is FUNNER...Hopefully things will get better with xander but you know there are quite a few teeth left to go so I wouldn't count on it. just stock up on tylenol and origel...when is our next event anyway??? :D

Anne/kq said...

I have to say, it's never seemed like straight multiplication to me; it seems like every kid increases the work load exponentially!