Not much has been going on around here the past few weeks. A lot of the same ol' stuff day after day.Alexander has been sleeping so much better at night. He now only wakes up a couple times. This is way better than Kaleb ever did at his age. I am so grateful for sleep! Now, if I would only be smart enough to go to bed at a decent hour I would be groggy from too much sleep!
the weather has been real nice here so we've been getting outside a lot. I usually wait to take the boys out until Jake is getting home then we all go out for a walk together. This has been some really nice family time that I've thoroughly enjoyed.
Oh I can't believe how swiftly these boys are growing!

Yesterday (Saturday) we were able to go on a little day trip to visit our Aunties Jill and Cleo - okay, technically they are 2nd cousins...long story short, they are more like aunts. We really enjoyed our little visit and the boys had fun tormenting their poodles. Xander was terrified at first and cried the first time he saw the dogs but he was soon laughing as they tried to lick him to death. We are grateful for their hospitality and letting us come visit for the day.
Now, I want to tell you a story about a cow named Phil...This is Phil. He is hanging up drying after a little boy stuck him in a bathtub full of bleach water. At least I know he is really clean and sanitized.
Kaleb is so attached to this cow. One nostril is pulled out, and the fur is so matted and gray which no magical powers of cleaning can ever reverse.
Kaleb has to have Phil along side him for all comfort needs. He is tucked in with him as he sleeps, he is squeezed tightly if a situation becomes a bit dicey .
Kaleb has the tendancy to carry Phil in his mouth (the horns and ears are perfect for this) and then he'll carry a toy in each hand.
I'm pretty sure he became quickly attached to his cow because he was tucked in next to him since the first day he was brought home from the hospital.
Thank you Grandma Stevens for giving a little boy more than just a stuffed animal.
I don't know what we'll do when Phil completely falls apart. That will be a hard and sad day. For now, I'm going to hold on to my little boy and his cow for as long as I can. He is growing up so quickly it's sometimes hard to fathom.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Life is Going
Posted by Stevens Family at 2:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
Where is the cow from? Maybe you can buy a few more so he still has one when this one kicks the bucket.
Alexander is sure looking big! I'm glad he is sleeping better for you now!
I love that picture of Kaleb and Xander riding on that little four wheeler. It reminds me of the pictures of us when were at the dunes. It amazes me how much our boys look alike. Jesse and Xander even have the same voice. I hope they get to meet soon again, they will be able to play with each other now. Love you and miss you.
Post a Comment