Monday, March 29, 2010

It's a Toddler Thing

We have come to the conclusion that we have a toddler in our house, and a two year old one at that. Kaleb has become pretty whiny and vocal about everything, especially doing things himself. He has started screaming "nooo" And seems to be sassing us. I asked him to do something and he looked at me with such a teenager look and made a mocking face with his tongue out..."na na na" and walked away wiggling his behind and hips. Oh, if I only had that on camera. I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or be frustrated.
He kept hitting Xander so I told him if he did it again he would go in time out. He walked over and hit me instead. Okay, technically that wasn't part of the agreement. I guess I need to be more specific. If you hit any of us...
Oh, this is so much fun already!
I finished Kaleb's quilt a few weeks ago. Hey, at least he's getting it before he's married, better late than never. Now I need to quilt Alexanders. The top has been pieced for several weeks just needs to be stretched out on the frame and quilted.
This is the front. I don't really like how this one turned out. I didn't use the right fabrics in the middle so the star kind of blends in and doesn't pop.
This is the back. I had to do some piecing since my fabric was just a bit too small.

Jake and I were supposed to go on a date this past Tuesday. We haven't been out together in a while. We were so excited. Had a babysitter and planned on going to the temple. Jake called just before he left work to say the temple was closed for maintenance. Augh! Unlike Utah we can't just go to a different one because that would be a long drive. I had already made homemade pizza for dinner so we had nowhere else to go on a date. I hope we can get out together real soon!

This past Saturday we went to the park. The boys love the park. Both boys love the swings.
Kaleb loves the dirt, sand, rocks, woodchips, leaves. Whatever he can find to throw. He has become really good at throwing a ball and has just started kicking it. He loves balls.

All Jake needs to be happy is fire and meat. Jake grilled up a really yummy steak that he had been marinating all night. It turned out so tender with perfect salty sweet flavor. YUM!
It was a pretty good week. Xander has gone back to his old non sleeping habits so we're trying to figure that out and get him to start sleeping better (again).
Kaleb once again did really well in nursery yesterday. YEAH! I hope this is a sign of good things. It certainly makes church so much easier.
I found a website that compiles your blog into a book. I was able to order books of our blog for 2008 and 2009. I have had a lot of fun re-reading everything. It's amazing how much went on in just a span of two years. I am so grateful I have this journal and legacy for future generations to read and to get a glimpse of what everyday life is like.
Off to the laundromat. I love going, it's such a nice break! That one peaceful hour makes my whole day - ha ha ha.

1 Comments:

Lisa said...

I can't believe how fast your boys are growing and I haven't even met them! Thanks so much for the link for printing your blog. I am so going to do that!