Friday, November 20, 2009

Why Follow the Norm?

It's hard to believe that I have been in Utah long enough that it is almost time to go home. Less than 1 week and Jake will be here! This has been a really fun trip (I can't really call it a vacation). I am so grateful that I was able to spend this much time with my family (Stevens included in that). It will be hard to leave and go back to my boring cubicle of an apartment. Although I'm sure the boys will be glad to get back in their element and have a routine again.
Here's a few more pictures from the past couple weeks. I need to post them now before they never get posted because next week is going to be a crazy busy week with all the family, lots to do.

Kaleb is a bit different of a boy. Give him cars and trucks and he doesn't roll them on the ground or make car 'vroom-vroom' noises. Kaleb spins the wheels. He loves anything that spins. It is so fascinating to watch him learn and grow and see curiosity spinning the wheels in his head.

Why eat chili with a spoon when you have fingers!? Straight to the bath for this messy guy. His hair still smelled like chili after his bath. By the way, Kaleb loves chili and will eat several bowls of it before I decide he has had enough.

Little drummer boy. My dad knew how to quickly win Kaleb over. Show him how to use a drum. My parents were saying how they missed their little quiet apartment in France, then showing their grandson how to beat on a drum. Hmm, do you think they really miss the quiet?

My niece Jasmine is now living at my parents house. It has been fun spending time with her. She is a huge help with the boys, whether I want it or not. Yesterday we went and picked up a huge bag-full of walnuts. Now we just have to crack them all. That's a lot of work just for the little nut you get at the end. I don't know why but I find it interesting that walnuts have a soft shell protecting their inner hard shell.

Grandpa and grand-kid #14

Kaleb is pretty much walking now. He'll walk across a room and then pause with a reflective look on his face as if he is thinking, 'what am I doing?' then he'll quickly drop back down to four-wheel drive. He has mastered stairs and mostly walking. Utah is a good place for him! He did fall down the stairs last week at the Stevens. We were both shaken and scared more than anything else. It did take him awhile to get his breath again.
This is kind of a long video with me trying to showcase Xander laughing, which he does until I pull out the camera. I also captured Kaleb walking. I realize I am a horrible cinematographer. The video is not only shaky but it goes all sorts of directions also.



Thank you again to all of my family for putting up with me and the boys this past month and a bit. We have had a great time being here. We will miss having the family around, it will be hard to be alone in California again. I am so grateful for my amazing and wonderful family and for all their love and support.
Next post will be about December in California!

0 Comments: