Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Life is Fleeting

Do you ever have those moments where it seems life is running by so swiftly, yet, seems so slow at the same time?
You would think that something exciting is going on in our family since I haven't posted in a few weeks. No, I just don't have anything new or exciting to post about.
Right now we're just trying to make sure we have everything for the new baby and keeping up with Kaleb at the same time.
But he is so sweet and innocent looking, how could he ever be a trouble maker?
Randomly -
Kaleb has 2 top teeth - just barely poking through, but they are there. Yeah for 4 teeth!



He has this weird (to me) quirk that he does practically all day long. Whether he's falling asleep, taking a bath (managing to splash most of the water on the floor), or just because. This kid seems to always be moving. If not on all fours he'll just sit up and rock. He usually rocks himself to sleep while sitting up in his crib. Sometimes you have to go in and lay him down, it's like he is asleep, and didn't realize he was still sitting up.


Our greatest fun parenting experience happened a few Sundays ago. I got home from church (we haven't both been able to go to more than Sacrament meeting in at least a month because of an overtired cranky kid). Jake went in to see why Kaleb wasn't asleep yet for his nap. When you opened his door an overwhelming stench filled your nostrils. Oh, much closer and worse than diaper pail smell. There sat Kaleb in his crib, just giggling and having the time of his life. Wearing only a t-shirt, no pants, and no diaper. He had taken the time to explore the contents of his diaper and finger painted brown all over his crib, walls, toys, floor, and smeared himself, oh what joyous fun! It's moments like this you have to step back, take a deep breath (literally) and be grateful you have a spouse to help out. One to shower hose off the kid and sheets, the other to wipe down the floor, crib, and wall. Some days, you just have to pay to do laundry on Sunday.

I have been enjoying being home at night after Jake gets off work. We'll usually have dinner and then walk up to the local park for an hour or so. Kaleb has just found the fun of throwing, rolling, and trying to catch a ball. It is so fun to watch him grow and develop in his methods of playing. It has been nice to enjoy this family time together. I am nervous about adding a baby into the mix, but I'm excited to also share these experiences with 2 little boys.

My doctor appointments haven't been anything exciting. Nothing seems to be in progress really so we're just playing the waiting game, twiddling our thumbs. I'm technically due in a week, but I don't think this baby got the memo, he's just content and happy where he is.
I hope the next post includes new baby pictures.

2 Comments:

Lisa said...

Aaagh! Ian used to do that all the time when I was pregnant with Hailey! And now Hailey does it (well she tries to change herself, not smear on the walls thank goodness). Try putting his diaper on backwards for sleeping, it's harder to get off! Hopefully it was a one time event. Glad you're doing well, hang in there, you'll have that new baby before you know it!

Beth said...

Good luck!!! I'm hoping for your baby pictures too. Hope you're trying to enjoy your last week or so with just one baby. :)