Saturday, August 22, 2009

Patience is a Virture (so they say)

If you know me you know I am not a patient person. This waiting for baby business is really annoying me!
In the mean time, I've been having a lot of fun. My sister Shawna and her hubby Matt and their offspring Sabine came for a short visit (always too short). Sabine was born 3 weeks after Kaleb. Shawna and Matt visited from UT for a business meeting in the area. What a perfect excuse to play! We were hoping this visit would include some baby birthing fun, but, alas, it was not meant to be. They'll have to come back soon.
I'll try not to post every picture - but it's so hard to choose which ones! (another thing about me, I really don't like making decisions).

Shawna-Matt-and Sabine

Leave it up to Sabine to quickly figure out that if you take out all the Tupperware you can sit in the cupboard - and it makes a bigger and more fun of a mess. At least she looks cute doing it so it's okay.There were quite a few moments of 'sharing' lessons. Kaleb seems very possessive of his toys. Especially his bath time. I think he will be taking his own bath for a while. He seems to treat it as his sanctuary and can't stand having any other kid invade on that. Kaleb just wanted to shove the 'ABC' letters under the fridge and Sabine wanted to put them in a Tupperware bowl. They wanted them all, not just a few each. It will be a good thing Kaleb is still young and getting a younger brother. This way he'll grow up used to having a brother around and knowing that he has to share with him. Although I know it won't happen all the time (I can dream!)
We got to babysit Sabine while her parents went to their meeting. Gave us a taste of how it will be with two kids. Ha ha ha - we'll see how it goes. I was grateful Jake was home to take one while I dealt with the other as both had a meltdown during bath time.

Today we walked around the Desconso Gardens which aren't too far up the road. We tried to do this the last time Matt and Shawna visited but it was Tuesday so they were closed. We tried out a certified pre-owned baby backpack that worked out great and Kaleb seemed to like being perched up high on daddy's back.
Here's us enjoying our day (trying to walk this baby out).


40 weeks and counting...

On another note...can I just tell you, I got a really good husband. I think the best gift I have given (will give) to the kids is that I chose Jake to be their daddy. He is so amazing and wonderful. He is so hands on and really doesn't mind how many nasty diapers I save for him to change. It's so amazing and fun to watch Kaleb's face light up when daddy walks in the room. Jake has pretty much always been on nighttime and bath duty. I love listening to the hysterical screams of laughter coming from Kaleb as daddy plays with him before going to bed, and at all times of the day.
Here's daddy giving Kaleb a cooking lesson - making refried beans for ultimate nachos for dinner tonight - yum!
Really, the next post had better include cute baby pictures - seriously! Well, besides cute 1 year old pictures of course :-)

3 Comments:

Hillary said...

Hang in there! Waiting is so hard but I'm glad that you had some friends in town to help distract you a bit. Can't wait to meet the new baby. I'll try and visit you in the hospital and sneak you some real food ;)

Tanya said...

oooo, oooo, me too. I can't wait for your little arrival either. I everyday i'm like hhmm i wonder what Kristen is doing today? having a baby?

Lisa said...

40 weeks?!? I don't think I could be as strong as you! I hope the little one comes soon! I'm excited to see pics!