Thursday, April 23, 2009

The crazy life of Kaleb

Although I have no pictures to post I thought I would share a few stories anyway. It has been pointed out to me, and I rather agree, I should carry a camera with me at all times. I have come to the conclusion that so far, this is my favorite age of Kaleb...I'm sure I'll be saying that a lot depending on the day. He is so hilarious and fun to be around, and always manages to get himself in some predicament or precarious situation, I just have to ask half the time...how did you manage to do that!?
Example 1: Kaleb loves to play with those door stoppers, the ones one the back of the doors that are springy. I am actually surprised by this turn around, there was a point there where he was terrified of that noise. As he was in the bathtub Jake would play with it just to torment the poor child and he would be screaming and crying and impossible to calm down...aren't we parents so mean? Now, quite often I go to find Kaleb crying in a dark room because he went in to play behind the door and shut said door, and obviously couldn't get out.
Example 2: I could hear Kaleb kind of whining a bit so I went to figure out where he had gone to. Could not figure out for the life of me where he was, all the doors were closed, which I usually try to do so he won't play in the rooms. I finally discovered him in our room, but, even better, he had managed to crawl into our closet and also closed that sliding door. I pull open the closet door and he just looks up at me with a big grin, holds up a square of bubble wrap and starts popping the bubbles with a squeal of laughter.
Example 3: Probably one of my favorites. I once again hear the whine of, 'help me'. Discover Kaleb in the bathroom wedged behind the toilet. How did he even fit or why would he even think to go back there in the first place? It took a bit of ingenuity, okay mostly grunting and arm pulling to get him out since the toilet is inches away from, between, bathtub and sink cabinet. It doesn't even seem to faze him most of the time, I'll usually discover him trying to do the same thing that just got him into trouble not mere hours before.
I'm not sure this will make sense without a picture. We have tall barstools pulled up to the counter bar. Kaleb saw some food between the chair legs that he wanted. As he reached in to grab it he fell forward, he couldn't get his legs back on the ground behind him and ended up teetering like a see-saw on the cross bar between the back and front chair legs. He would teter forward onto his hands, teeter back onto his toes. He just had this look of "uh-oh, now what am I going to do?"
It was at that point that I rescued him but then I had the thought. Do I rescue him or take a picture first? I should take a picture first! WIsh I would have.
How many things he has pulled on top of him...luckily nothing that has done much more than a few bruises.
A bit of a blurb about me - I had another Dr. appointment yesterday, all's well! So far so good with this pregnancy. I can't believe how quickly it has passed actually.
Last Friday I met some friends after work to help our friend Michelle celebrate her birthday. I miss living in Studio City because these girls know how to party! I'll only post the innocent pictures :-)We met at a Thai restaurant for some way yummy eatin' and then headed over to a friends house for way too much junk food and laughing. (I was shocked when I realized it was already midnight, I haven't gone to bed past 10PM at the latest in a long time)
These were all us prego ladies in order from budding to popping...there must be something in the water.
I have the best friends and I am so grateful for them. They have become like my family here.
Living here without my family has been eased so much just knowing that I have so many arms I can turn to, and so many hearts open to listening.
Just a quick story about why I have the best friends in the world. Only those on my side of the table probably knew what was going on, but as it is quite funny I thought I would share. Just as we ordered I realized, my keys aren't in my purse...augh! The last time I locked my keys in my car I was pregnant, and actually I did it two days in a row, one with the car running of all things! This time they were just innocently sitting on the front seat. It isn't so easy when Jake has no car to come rescue me, and is 30 minutes away anyway. At least 5 friends whip out their phone and start calling AAA...I only need one locksmith! AAA came within 5-10 minutes and I had my keys within minutes. If this is going to be a regular occurance (cross my fingers, I hope not!) maybe we should invest in AAA?
My friend are always there to jump in and help out at a moments notice, and have several times with regards to babysitting Kaleb, and other things. This was just a quick shout-out to my friends, thank you - I am so grateful and love all of you! You make life fun and intersting, and bareable...I would say you keep me sane, but, I'm not so sure that's possible anymore.

1 Comments:

Tanya said...

you're so funny, You know we love you!! Hey, are you coming to scrapbooking next week? I was so sad to miss the party, but out of town is a pretty good excuse I guess. It looked like lots of fun and laughs. see you soon