Thursday, September 25, 2008

Healthy and Happy

We had Kaleb's 2 month (at almost 3 months) doctor checkup today. He is a healthy 13 LBS 6 OZ and is 24" long. The Dr. said he's dead center average for his age, his head is a tiny bit on the small side. I'll take that over a cabbage patch proportion sized head! He seems pretty well proportioned to me so I'm not too worried. The only odd thing the Dr. noticed is he hates his ears touched...ha ha ha...who knew (Jake is the same way). It all started with the nurse taking his temperature through the ear, he screamed. Dr. then tried to look in his ears and he threw an absolute conniption...come to find out, his ear canal is a bit narrower than normal, so that might be why, there's not a lot of room for sticking foreign objects in there (Jake doesn't have such an excuse). We hope his ears catch up to normal or else he'll have a problem the rest of his life, but hey, there could be worse problems! One of the funny things the doctor commented about was that we would have no problems worrying about autism with Kaleb. He is very social and happy, he just babbles away and is always smiling. Smiling until the doctor gives him shots that is. That didn't go over too well getting him vaccinated. He really screamed like I didn't know he could scream. He's been sleeping ever since we got home so I'm hoping he goes the route of sleeping it off rather than freaking out and being fussy about things. That's all the updates I can think about writing at the moment, I'm coming down with a fun cold that I think Kaleb might also have (unless there is another reason for his runny/stuffed nose and major drool) I'm going to go sleep it off now.

1 Comments:

Beth said...

Audrey had her appt. today too (4 month).... they are so connected :)

She is barely over 10 lbs though. And yeah, isn't it crazy when they get their shots and they bust out that devil cry. So sad. YAY for healthy babies.