Wednesday, January 6, 2016

You've Had a Birthday

Alexander's 2nd day of school was his 6th birthday. He is the oldest in his kindergarten class because his birthday was one day shy of being able to start kindergarten last year. With it being the first days of school there wasn't much time for a party. We decided to just invite a few friends over to watch a movie and eat pizza and cake. Alexander wanted the movie Big Hero 6. The boys ended up ignoring the movie and just running around playing:

because when it's your birthday you are more than welcome to put Swedish Fish candy in your Nutella sandwich:
I found a place online that would print any edible image you wanted. It didn't cost that much either. Alexander wanted a Minecraft birthday. I had all these ideas of how to make the sword but it would have required a lot of work. This was much easier and looked great. I made the cake. Peeled off the backing, pressed it on, and done (and now that I can get an edible image from Menchie's, even better!)
(one of the guests poked the cake before I could get a picture)
I think Alexander won't have elaborate parties or cakes as I used to do in previous years. His birthday will probably always fall the first week of school. He didn't seem to mind though. Everyone still had fun.
We love having Alexander in our family. He hasn't changed much with his likes; he still loves weapons, Star Wars and now Minecraft. He is still the sweetest boy who loves to take care of everyone and gets sad if someone else is sad. Although his temper can snap at the drop of a hat. He loves school and learning and still loves Nutella sandwiches more than any other food. He is venturing out though to also enjoy corndogs, grilled cheese and quesadillas. He easily makes friends wherever he is. He's very animated and loves talking and performing. We sure love our 6 year old.

0 Comments: